DVD Ripper for Mac
- Remove CSS encryptions and region codes from commercial DVDs
- Fast rip DVD disc, DVD ISO/IFO files on Mac OS X
- Convert DVD to almost all other popular formats MP4, AVI, MOV, MKV, WMV, M4V, etc
- Rip DVD to various media devices: the new iPad, iPad Mini, Apple TV, PS Vita, Galaxy Tab, Kindle Fire/Kindle Fire HD, Nexus 7/Nexus 10 Tablet, etc
- Copy DVDs remaining the original structures with the “Copy the entire disc” function
- Convert 2D DVD to 3D videos with the amazing “3D Effect” feature
- Support selecting preferred subtitles for DVD movies
Version: V2.7 Size: 45.66 MB Supported OS:Mac OS X(Leopard/Snow Leopard/Lion)
For Mac 10.5.8, Please download the special installation .dmg file
- Brorsoft DVD Ripper for Mac, the best Mac OS X DVD Ripper, is specially designed for Mac users to rip and convert DVD discs, DVD IFO files and DVD ISO image files for backup and playback. With this easy-to-use Mac DVD Ripper, you can convert DVD to MP4 and any other video format AVI, MOV, MKV, WMV, M4V, VOB, 3GP, FLV, etc as well as various audio formats including MP3, FLAC, MKA, OGG, WAV, AC3, M4A, etc with high conversion speed and perfect output quality.
- This powerful DVD Ripper for Mac allows you to rip and convert DVDs on Mac and then enables you to watch DVD movies on multiple media devices like iPad 2/the new iPad, Galaxy Note 10.1,Transformer Pad Infinity TF700T, Google Nexus 7 Tablet, Nook HD, Nook HD+, iPhone 4S, Apple TV, PS Vita, Xbox 360, PS3, Galaxy Tab/Galaxy Tab 2, Nook Tablet, Kindle Fire, Tablet S/P, Transformer Prime, Transformer Pad TF300, Galaxy Note, Galaxy S III, HTC One X, HP TouchPad, Motorola Xoom, WD TV, Dell Streak, etc for enjoyment with your wanted subtitles at ease. Plus, the top Mac DVD Ripper also supports converting 2D DVD to 3D video; therefore, it's available for you to enjoy DVD movies with 3D effect at ease.
- The integrated Mac DVD Ripper’s “Copy the entire disc” function helps movie lovers to backup DVD movies to Macbook, Macbook pro, iMac or hard drive remaining the original DVD structures. Besides, this Mac OS X DVD Ripper provides the presets for some common video editing programs like FCP, iMovie, FCE, Adobe Premiere, etc, so you can edit your DVD movies on Mac freely.
- *If you also plan to convert videos and rip Blu-ray movies, here is a better choice for you- the top all-in-one tool, Brorsoft iMedia Converter for Mac.
- Get the detailed comparison of Brorsoft Mac disc rippers: DVD Ripper for Mac, Blu-ray Ripper for Mac and iMedia Converter for Mac to make a proper choice.
- Rip DVD to various video/auido formats on Mac
Brorsoft DVD Ripper for Mac, a comprehensive Mac DVD ripper pro, enables you to rip DVD discs, DVD ISO/IFO files to almost all other popular video and audio formats, including MP4, AVI, MPG, MPEG-4, FLV, MOV, MKV, 3GP, VOB, MP3, FLAC, MKA, OGG, WAV, AC3, M4A, etc.
- Convert DVD movie to different multimedia devices
The best Mac DVD ripper helps you to convert DVD movies to different multiple media devices for playback on the go, including iPad 2/the new iPad, iPhone 4S, Apple TV, PS Vita, PS3, Galaxy Tab, Nook Tablet, Kindle Fire, Tablet S/P, Transformer Prime, Galaxy Note, HP TouchPad, WD TV, HTC One X, etc.
- Convert 2D movie to 3D video
This powerful DVD ripper for Mac features with the “3D Effect ” function which supports you to convert your 2D DVD movie to 3D video. Thus, you can view your DVD movies with great 3D effect to share with your families and friends.
- Optimized presets for video editing programs
Brorsoft DVD Ripper for Mac comes with optimized presets for common Mac video editing software like iMovie, Final Cut Pro, Final Cut Express, Adobe Premiere, etc. You don't need to worry about the settings and resolutions for adjusting manually.
- Powerful home movie edit functions
The best Mac DVD ripper features powerful video edit functions:
Trim DVD clips: You can get any video length you want with trim function; just drag the process bar to the trim points.
Crop DVD clips: With crop, you can cut off the DVD clips' black edges and unwanted area easily.
Adjust video effects: You can customize video effects by setting video brightness, contrast, saturation to apply special video effects you like.
Add watermarks: You can freely add text, image and video watermark as you need.
- Super fast DVD ripping speed
Brorsoft DVD Ripper for Mac powers DVD ripping at incredible speed with multithreading and batch processing fully supported.
- Advanced audio and video sync technology
The best Mac DVD Ripping tool adopted advanced audio and video sync technology; never let you troubled by the audio and video issues.
- 1G Hz or above Intel processor.
- Mac OS X 10.5 or 10.5 above (including Mac OS X v10.5 Leopard, v10.6 Snow Leopard Mac OS X 10.7 Lion and Mac OS X Mountain Lion version 10.8) on iMac, MacBook Pro, Mac Pro, MacBook Air, Mac Mini, etc.
- 512 MB physical RAM (memory) or more.
- 1024*768 or higher resolution display.
- Optical Drive: DVD-ROM
- Just purchased your software and it has failed to install on my mac osx 10.5.8, get error message: Install failed. The Installer could not install some files"/ Applications". Contact the software manufacturer for assistance. Any solutions?
Brorsoft products have been updated to support the new Mac Mountain Lion system. This new .pkg file may have problem to install on Mac OS X 10.5.8. If you have this problem pls download the special installation .dmg file for Mac OS X 10.5.8 on our official site. http://www.brorsoft.com/dmg/dvdrippermac_install.dmg
Further question, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- How to remove the watermark in the middle of the converted files?
The watermark is the only difference between the trial version and full version. It can not be removed, even with the full version. Please understand the point and re-convert your original files with the full version.
- I Purchased the software and I received the code by email. But how do I enter the number?
Please click the Download link to get the full version of the software, install and launch it, then you will see a box to fill in the registration code to activate it.
- How about the quality of the converted video?
Based on the newest audio-video sync technology, DVD Ripper for Mac can provide you with outstanding output image and sound quality, never let you get into trouble with the audio and video sync issues. Moreover, multiple optimizing functionalities are available to better the output video quality.
- What the difference between the DVD Ripper for Mac and Blu-ray Ripper for Mac?
Brorsoft DVD Ripper can help you DVD movies (including DVD Discs, DVD IFO and DVD ISO files) to popular file formats for playback on your portable devices, game consoles and HD Media Players while Blu-ray Ripper for Mac,including all the features of DVD Ripper for Mac, can also help you rip and convert BD movies(including DVD Discs, DVD IFO and DVD ISO files).
- I did not realize (or research) the fact you have a Blu-ray ripper which can also handle my DVDs. Is there any way that I can pay for the difference between the DVD Ripper and the Blu Ray Ripper and upgrade?
Please contact email@example.com and provide the order number of your DVD Ripper. Our support will upgrade your DVD Ripper to Blu-ray Ripper by charging you the price difference. You can go to the upgrade page and find the information you need there.
- Do any of your Mac products support batch conversion from DVD ISO files to MP4?
Yes. Please follow the simple steps to achieve the batch conversion of ISO files:
Step 1: Launch the Brorsoft DVD Ripper, import the ISO files and select all of them;
Step 2: Click on the dropdown menu of “Format” and then move your pointer to Common video> H.264 Video(*mp4). You can find all the related formats on a sublist. Please select one that is suitable. After that, choose the output folder;
Step 3: Click the “Settings” icon and you will go into a new interface named “Profile Settings”. You can adjust codec, bit rate, frame rate, sample rate and audio channel in the interface freely and optimize the output file quality.
Step 4: Click the button for conversion and you can let DVD Ripper the rest work for you.
- I am trying to backup my DVD disc to hard drive. What format should I choose to maintain best quality?
Please click the button for Full Disk Copy function. It enables you to back up the disc bit-to-bit with shortest time and flawless quality.
- How can I get the subtitle of the DVD which I want in the final output file?
Before you start ripping, please check the "Subtitle" box, which can be found on the main interface. It will show all the subtitles that your DVD has. You can select one of them you like for ripping.
- Can I merge several chapters of my DVD movie to a single video?
Yes. Please tick the check-box before the movie chapters you want to join together, then select the "Merge into one file" check-box before converting. After conversion, all the files in the list will be merged into one video file.
- Can I rip the DVD chapter by chapter?
Yes. Please select all the chapters listed in the main movie folder, which has been selected as default, choose the output format as you want and then DVD Ripper will help you convert your movie chapter by chapter.
- I convert a dvd for my Kindle Fire, using your guide for directions. Everything was fine, except that Kindle Fire would not recognize the file as a playable video.
Please make sure that the size of the converted movie is less than 2 GB since Android Tablet can not play a file over 2GB. If it is, please convert your DVD chapter by chapter. You can also merge half of the chapters into one movie and the rest into another.
- My widescreen movies (16:9) aren't staying widescreen after conversion. The video is stretched. What can I do?
Please click ‘Settings’ button on the main interface and type in the exact value to Size like 1920*1080 or 1280*720 before converting the movie.
Note: Please do not check the box “Keep Original Aspect Ratio” option in Crop tab of editing window in this case.
- I can't import my latest DVD to DVD Ripper. What should I do?
Please click the Help> About to the version number and check it with the latest one on our website to see whether you DVD Ripper is the latest version. If it is not, please click the download link in the SWREG email or ask our support for it to get the updated version of DVD Ripper and see whether it can help you rip your DVDs. If yours is the latest DVD Ripper, please send your log files to firstname.lastname@example.org and you will get the in-time help from our support.
- I’d like to eliminate black bars (edges) from the movie, what should I do?
Please click ‘Edit’ button to enter into the "Video Editor" and switch to the Crop tab, then just drag the dashed frame on the video screen of the original preview window to cut off the unwanted parts to get the right aspect ratio you need.
- How to get the log files?
Please click Macintosh > Users> ...> Library > Application Support > Brorsoft > dvd_ripper, and you will find the log files in the folder.
- Can the license I have got be used in another computer?
No. Please understand that one license code can only be used on one computer. If you want to rip and convert movie on another computer, please contact email@example.com to purchase another license code at 20%-off discount price.
DVDs, DVD Folder, DVD IFO File,DVD ISO Image File
Output Devices supported:
PS3, Xbox 60, Wii.
iPod, iPhone/iPhone 3GS/iPhone 4, Samsung Galaxy SII, Motorola Droid X/Droid 2, Droid Bionic, Nexus One/Two, HTC EOV 4G, HTC Hero, HTC Desire, HTC Droid Incredible, Nokia N8/N9/C7/E7, Sony Xperia Play, etc.
HD Media Players
Apple TV/Apple TV 2, WD TV, NMT Popcorn, Seagate, TVIX, Netgear, Sony/Samsung/Panasonic/Philips Blu-ray Player, HD TV Player, etc.
Software Media Players and servers
iTunes, QuickTime Player, PLEX, VLC Player, etc.
Output File Types:
H.264/MPEG-4 AVC (*.mp4), H.264 HD Video (*.mov), QuickTime HD Video (*.mov), WMV HD Video (*.wmv), MPEG2 HD Video (*.mpg, *.mpeg), MPEG TS HD Video (*.ts), DivX-HD (*.avi), MP4, AVI, MKV, WMV, MPG, MPEG, FLV, F4V, 3GP, MOV, ASF, 3G2, SWF, VOB, TS, DivX, XviD, DV, VCD/DVD/SVCD, M4V, etc.
MP3, AC3, AAC, FLAC, AIFF, WMA, WAV, OGG, M4A, MP2, AMR, SUN, MKA, etc.
JPG, BMP, TIFF, BMP (As thumbnails).
- Date: September 13, 2012 (V 184.108.40.20651)
- Fully support non-English named DVD discs or movie folders.
- Add 16 new profiles for recent devices and HD media players.
- Make perfect conversion for your network path files on Mac OS X 10.8.
- Perfect installation after the automatic update.
- Date: July 24, 2012 (V 220.127.116.1159)
- Add new Import Mode for DVD importing. You can reset the DVD import settings under Option-> Other.
- Optimize Apple TV profile: apply M4V format to replace MP4; offer original frame rate option.
- Optimize the Size of HDV profile according to standard HDV 720p, 1080i size.
- Date: June 14, 2012 (V 18.104.22.16857)
- Imporve the preivew effect under the Crop function when apply the Flip Horizontally and Flip Vertically.
- Turn the “Apply crop settings to all” function back on.
- Enhance the convert fucntion when apply the “Apply crop settings to all” feature.
- Date: June 5, 2012 (V 22.214.171.12429)
- Support automatic upgrade.
- Support multiple audio streams for Apple TV profiles.
- Add the “Audio Fade” feature in the Audio Editor functions.
- Support exact Trim function.
- Add the “Eject discs” function in the File menu.
- Date: May 8, 2012 (V 126.96.36.19988)
- Support AC3 5.1 pass through and AAC stereo for ATV2, ATV3
- Add the support of 2D to 3D video conversion
- Improve the default bitrate in Apple TV profile
- Optimize the Effect user interface in Editor
- Add profiles for the new media devices like Asus Padfone, Eden Tab
- Date: March, 19, 2012 (V188.8.131.5251)
- Fix the inaccurate description of the resolution text in the properties window.
- Optimize the background effect of the output preview window in the edit window.
- Add the Split function to support video split according to split file count, split time length and split file size.
- Limit the import times from drive of the same disc; repeat import is not allowed that means only one task is allowed for one disc in the task list.
- Newly support handling 3D discs.
- Fix the problem of full disc copy of some ISO files.
- Date: February 28, 2012 (V184.108.40.20673)
This update especially aimed at solving the problem of ProRes to optimize the conversion process.
- Fix the problem of Audio/Video out of sync.
- Fix the problem that the output ProRes cannot be supported by FCP 7.
- Remove the “Original” Frame rate option and set the 23.976 as the default Frame rate.
- Give the “Trial Version Tips” before the conversion.
- Date: January 13, 2012 (V220.127.116.1173)
Based on original functions, add and adjust more humanism designs:
- Add the keyboard shortcuts control function of the “Video Editor” interface. "Space" controls the play and pause. "[" controls the Trim Start. "]" controls the Trim End. "↑" or "↓" controls the vertical flip of the video. "→" or "←" controls the flip horizontal of the video.
- Fix the problem of incorrect text and MouseOver when click the “Continue” button in the conversion window. - Fix the problem of the limitation of the copy times and the watermark tip during the conversion. - Add the translation of the tool tip and correct the button text of the language change and copy forms.