When you got your Samsung Galaxy Note II, you may want to connect your Samsung Galaxy Note2 to your PC if you want to transfer videos or music between the devices. Just use these simple steps.
1. Windows users should download and install the USB drivers for Galaxy Note2.
2. Connect the device to an available USB port using the included USB cable.
3. A prompt will appear on the screen of the phone. Drag the notification area down, then select Connected as media Device > Media device (MTP).
You may also use the Samsung Kies software to manage files on the Galaxy Note2. You can download and install the Kies software from Samsung. Once the Kies software is installed, it will automatically start whenever you connect the phone to your computer.
Tip: If you find your PC cannot detect your phone successfully, please try:
1. If you have any USB 3.0 ports make sure you are NOT plugged into one of those.
2. Before you download and install Kies, go to your Device Manager by searching Device manager and finding the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 drivers and uninstalling them. Then, download Kies and install the program. Once it’s done installing plug your phone in and wait for it to install.
Aside note: Get your movie, music media files fit for Galaxy Note II playback
First learn about the Samsung Galaxy Note II natively compatible file formats:
Galaxy Note 2 video format: 3GP(MP4), WMV(ASF), AVI, FLV, MKV, WebM
Galaxy Note 2 audio format: MP3, OGG, WMA, AAC, ACC+, eAAC+, AMR(NB,WB), MIDI, WAV, AC-3
Although Note 2 can support a few formats, according to our many times of test, we found that Galaxy Note 2 can fully support 1080p MP4 video files only. For other video files like 1080p MKV, MOV, FLV, MTS, M2TS, TiVo, FLV, WMV, AVI, the phone cannot handle well. So, you need to convert 1080p movies to Galaxy Note 2 with a favorable format.
The best video/audio settings for Galaxy Note 2:
For 720p/1080p source video, you can set the video size as 1280*720 fully compatible with Galaxy Note II screen resolution. And set video bitrate as 1000~1500kbps. This top Galaxy Note 2 Video Converter is the one video convert program we preferred. It’s yet professional for us to convert 1080p/720p MKV, AVI, MTS, MPG, MOV, etc to Galaxy Note II MP4 video. It enables to tweak the best video and audio settings freely as you want.
You should now know everything you need to know about Galaxy Note 2 and PC connection and transfer movies and music to Galaxy Note 2 from PC.
Play Quicktime MOV movies on Galaxy Note 10.1 with HD quality
Transfer XviD AVI movies to Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 on Mac
Convert 1080p videos to Galaxy Note 10.1 with best .mp4 resolution
Convert videos to Galaxy Note 10.1 and share with Galaxy S III seamlessly
Playing MTS/M2TS 1080p videos on Galaxy Note 10.1
Get Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Main Specs and Video Playback Tips
PC cannot detect galaxy note 2, note 2 video format, note ii video format, adding videos to galaxy note ii, note 2 mkv, galaxy note 2 video converter, convert 1080p movies to Galaxy Note 2, how to transfer movies to note 2, copy videos from pc to note 2, how to put movies on galaxy note 2, video encoding setting for galaxy note 2, music to note 2 from pc