Connect Nook Color to Mac- Transfer video/music/picture files to Nook Color from Mac freely
Nook Color is a fully capable Android tablet. Obviously this isn't an E-Ink screen, so you have to decide if you're on board or not for reading on an LCD display. If you're entertaining an iPad or Galaxy Tab, we'll assume this screen technology is not going to deter you from using the device as a reader. While, Nook Color with its advanced VividView 7" touchscreen allows you watch movies, view pictures in addition to reading E-books. Here offer some tips of how to connect Nook Color to your Mac and transfer video/music/picture files to Nook Color freely.
- Part one: Connect Nook Color to Mac.
To connect Nook Color to Mac successfully, you have to slide the Nook login screen before Mac sees it. There have been bum cables reported where they would charge but not do data. You can use a regular micro USB cable to connect your NC to the computer to transfer files - you don't need the NC cable to do that. This would at least eliminate the original cable as the problem.
1. To make your PC recognize Nook Color, not just at the “wake me up” screen, but must slide the green tab on the lower left to the right to actually awaken the Nook Color.
2. To transfer video/music/picture files to Nook Color from Mac without any trouble, you need to make sure the files you wanna transfer from Mac are all compatible with Nook Color.
- According to the spec of Nook Color from it official website, Nook Color can only support video in 3GP, MP4, 3G2, FLV format with H.263, H.264, MPEG-4, ON2 VP7 codecs. When you want to transfer other video files like MKV, MOV, VOB, MTS, MOD, AVI, TiVo, etc to Nook Color from Mac, you need to convert these files to Nook Color friendly format first with an easy-to-use video convert tool.
- Part two: Convert MKV, MOV, VOB, MTS, MOD, AVI, TiVo, etc to Nook Color on Mac.
To convert video files MKV, MOV, VOB, MTS, MOD, AVI, TiVo, etc to Nook Color on Mac effortlessly, an easy-to-use but professional video converter is the necessity. Nook Color Video Converter for Mac is the best application for you here, which can help you to convert any common video like MKV, MOV, VOB, MTS, MOD, AVI, TiVo, etc to Nook Color playable format on Mac in a short time. Moreover, this smart Nook Color Video Converter for Mac is especially designed for Nook Color that comes with the Nook Color MP4 format that means you no longer need to manually set the parameters for your videos and get a high-quality output video.
- Step 1: Import video files MKV, MOV, VOB, MTS, MOD, AVI, TiVo to the best Nook Color Video Converter for Mac.
Launch the best Nook Color Video Converter for Mac. Click the button “File” to add MKV, MOV, VOB, MTS, MOD, AVI, TiVo to the best Nook Color Video Converter for Mac. If it is necessary, you can double click the each file to have a preview.
Tip: If you wanna combine/merge MKV, MOV, VOB, MTS, MOD, AVI, TiVo video files for Nook Color, you just need to tick off the “Merge into one” box.
- Step 2: Select an output format for Nook Color and set the output folder.
Click on the dropdown menu of “Format” and then move your pointer to “Android”, and from the sublist, you can easily find the “Nook Color (*.mp4)” format which is the especially designed for Nook Color. Of course, you can also select the format from “Common Video”, the H.264, MPEG-4 are both the friendly format for you to copy video files to Nook Color from Mac. Afterwards, you can set the output folder as you like.
- Step 3: Click “Settings” icon to adjust audio and video parameters for Nook Color.
Click the “Settings” icon and you will go into a new interface named “Profile Settings”. You can adjust codec, bit rate, frame rate, sample rate and audio channel in the interface according to your needs and optimize the output file quality.
Note: If you’ve selected the Nook Color (*.mp4) format, you can keep the default parameters which can offer you the full screen video playback. Well, if you choose the video format from Common Video, you can manually set the video size as 854*480 to play videos on Nook Color in full screen.
- Step 4: Start converting your MKV, MOV, VOB, MTS, MOD, AVI, TiVo video files to MP4 for Nook Color on Mac.
Click the “Convert” button; it will convert MKV/MOV/ VOB/MTS/MOD/AVI/TiVo to MP4 for Nook Color on Mac immediately. You can find the process in the “Conversion” interface.
- After the conversion, you ill be able to get the output files for Nook Color via clicking on “Open” button effortlessly. Afterwards, you can transfer the video files as well as the music/picture files to Nook Color from Mac with no problem. And then tap Library button on the Nook menu, now can view these files freely.
Note: Occasionally, the Nook will tell you it is unable to display the movie, ignore this warning and tap the movie file again to play.
1. This Nook Color Video Converter for Mac can also work as a professional video editor with its powerful video edit functions like trimming, cropping, adding watermark, etc. Please link to Brorsoft Nook Color Video Converter for Mac to learn more.
2. If you are also the Nook Tablet user, this Nook Color Video Converter for Mac can also help you to convert common videos MTS/M2TS, MKV, MOV, TOD, etc to MP4 for Nook Tablet on Mac. You can refer to Convert HD videos MTS/M2TS, MKV, MOV, TOD to MP4 for Nook Tablet on Mac Lion to learn the step-by-step conversion guide.