Control PS3 Slim with Sony Tablet S- Throw video to PS3 Slim from Sony Tablet S via DLNA server
Sony has just released an 18MB update to their Tablet S that improves Wi-fi connectivity, GPS and notifications. It also finally adds official support for using a PS3 wireless controller, a vast improvement to playing games using on-screen controls. In this page, we will show you how to control PS3 Slim with Sony Tablet S. Besides, for some movie fans, we offer you the guide on how to throw video to PS3 Slim from Tablet S for enjoyment.
- Part 1: Control PS3 Slim with Sony Tablet S.
Although, Sony finally adds official support for using a PS3 wireless controller, there’s a catch-and a rather annoying one at that. Once your tablet is updated you can't just sync your PS3 controller and instantly turn it into a portable PSone. You'll first need to get your hands on a $14 USB adapter cable that's also used for transferring files to your tablet. Here offer you one easy solution.
- To make it, the only thing is you need an HDMI kind TV. Here we take a Sony Bravia as the example. Here is how you do it.
1. Enable HDMI control on the TV.
2. Turn on your PS3 Slim and check that you can use the TV remote to control the PS3 Slim.
3. Then go to your Tablet S.
4. Download (if you don’t already have) the HD Remote app.
5. Connect it to your TV
6. Now you can control your PS3 with your Sony Tablet S freely.
Note: It should be mentioned that this is only possible with the PS3 Slim. There is no "CEC HDMI Control" option in the old 60GB fat version.
- Part 2: Throw video to PS3 Slim from Sony Tablet S via DLNA server.
Step 1: Downloaded a trial Free DLNA server trial App in the Android market.
Note: The DLNA player that is preinstalled on the Tablet is NOT a DLNA server; you need to install one.
- Step 2: Click the “Throw” buttons to scan for DLNA-compliant PS3 Slim.
The audio and video apps have “Throw” buttons. Once you click the “Throw” buttons, Tablet S can automatically scan for DLNA-compliant hardware– such as speakers or your network-connected PS3 Slim.
- Step 3: Drag & drop the currently playing video to those outputs.
Once the Tablet S find out the DLNA-compliant PS3 Slim, you just need to drag & drop the currently playing video to your PS3 Slim.
- Step 4: Get videos on your DLNA-compliant PS3 Slim.
It works just as you’d expect; you were able to quickly get video recorded using the tablet streaming to your PS3 Slim.
Note: 1. If you want to Tablet S can automatically scan for your PS3 Slim, please make sure your PS3 Slim is the DLNA-compliant hardware.
2. If you wanna throw video to PS3 Slim from Sony Tablet S successfully, you’d make sure the transferred videos from Tablet S are also supported by PS3 Slim.
- Thus, to convert the videos to Sony Tablet S and PS3 Slim both compatible format MP4 is the necessity. Here we’d like to recommend the best PS3 Video Converter to you, which enables you to convert any video MOV, MKV, FLV, TiVo, VOB, MOD, etc to H.264 MP4 the friendly format both for Tablet S and PS3 Slim. What’s more, with this PS3 Video Converter, you can also freely edit your video files like cropping, trimming, adding watermark, etc to get more personalized video.
PS: If you are Mac users, this professional and easy-to-use PS3 Video Converter for Mac can do you a favor.
1. PS3 Video Converter is a really powerful video convert tool for you to convert any video format like MOV, MKV, FLV, TiVo, VOB, MOD, etc to other format you just want at super fast speed due to the CUDA acceleration technology support. Please link to Brorsoft PS3 Video Converter to learn more.
2. If you want to know how to convert video to H.264 MP4 for Tablet S and PS3 Slim, you can link to Throw video to PS3 from Sony Tablet S via DLNA server, which contains the detailed guide.