Home » How To »Convert 1080p/1080i to 720p for Apple TV with the best Apple TV 1080p/1080i Video Converter
Convert 1080p/1080i to 720p for Apple TV with the best Apple TV 1080p/1080i Video Converter
Q: Do the Apple TV models support 1080p? I'm totally confused! I'm hearing it only supports up to 720p...
Above are the quoted words from one Apple TV user. From his or her words, we find that the Apple user is confused that if Apple TV supports 1080p, or just is compatible with 720p video. Obviously, other Apple TV users would have the similar confusion. Here we give you the answer.
- I personally can’t believe they would do this but that’s what Engadget reported that supposedly
Apple TV can only handle up to 720p video – not 1080i or 1080p video! So you have to accept the truth that Apple TV can only supports 720p video but not 1080p or 1080i video.
- While, there still many Apple TV users wanna put and play 1080p or 1080i video on Apple TV for enjoying on big screen TV. To meet so many Apple TV users’ demands, here we strongly recommend the perfect Apple TV 1080p/1080i Video Converter with which you can convert 1080p, 10780i video for Apple TV quickly and effortlessly. Furthermore, we will also give you the detailed guide on how to convert 1080p/1080i to 720p for Apple TV step by step.
- Preparation for converting 1080p/1080i to 720p for Apple TV:
1. Software: the professional Apple TV 1080p/1080i Video Converter (For download trial verison)
2. Operating system: Windows XP/2003/Vista, Windows 7
- Guide: how to convert 1080p/1080i to 720p for Apple TV with the best Apple TV 1080p/1080i Video Converter
Step 1: Add/Import 1080p/1080i video to Apple TV 1080p/1080i Video Converter.
Launch Apple TV 1080p/1080i Video Converter. Click the button “File” to add 1080p/1080i video files to Apple TV 1080p/1080i Video Converter. You can tick the box in front of the file you want to rip. If it is necessary, you can double click the each file to have a preview.
- Step 2: Select an output format for Apple TV and set the output folder.
Click on the dropdown menu of “Format” and then move your pointer to “HD video > “H.264 HD Video (*.mp4)” which is the compatible format for Apple TV. You can also choose the format from the “Apple TV” sublist. Here we recommend you to choose H.264 HD Video. Then you can set the output folder by clicking “Browse” icon as you need.
- Step 3: Click “Settings” icon to adjust audio and video parameters.
Click the “Settings” icon and you will go into a new interface named “Profile Settings”. You can adjust codec, aspect ratio, bit rate, frame rate, sample rate and audio channel in the interface according to your needs and optimize the output file quality.
Note: Optimal settings should be set as Video Size: 1280*720, Video Bitrate: 4000kbps at highest quality, Video Frame rate: 24fps or 30fps, Audio codec: ac3, Audio Sampling rate: 48000hz, Audio Bitrate: 160kbps, Audio Channels: 5.1Channels.
- Step 4: Start converting 1080p/1080i to 720p for Apple TV.
Click the “Convert” button; it will convert 1080p/1080i to 720p for Apple TV in on time. The 1080p/1080i to 720p for Apple TV conversion will be completed quickly due to its adopted NVIDIA CUDA Technology. You can find the converting process in the “Conversion” interface.
- Once the 1080p/1080i to 720p for Apple TV conversion is done, you can get the output files for your Apple TV via clicking on “Open” button effortlessly. Afterward, you can sync the converted 1080p/1080i video to Apple TV via iTunes on PC.
1. If you encounter some trouble when using Apple TV, don’t hesitate to link to Apple TV Tips and Tricks which can help you.
- 2. The powerful Apple TV 1080p/1080i Video Converter not only can convert 1080p/1080i video to Apple TV, but it can also convert common video MKV, VOB, WMV, AVI, FLV, F4V, etc. to iPad/iPad 2, iPhone 4, Samsung Galaxy Tab, Motorola Xoom, etc. More information, please link to Apple TV 1080p/1080i Converter.