Convert and stream video to Apple TV from iPad 2 with optimal AC3 5.1 audio track
- Ever though of converting and streaming video from your iPad 2 to Apple TV and then watch video on your wide screen TV? Many people would find that Apple TV and iPad 2 supports the same video formats, while the audio format is different that Apple TV is compatible with AC3 5.1 audio track but iPad 2 can only support Stereo audio track. So when you stream video from iPad 2 to Apple TV, first you need to do is to convert the video with the optimal AC3 5.1 audio track for Apple TV and then stream the video to Apple TV. Well, this article will show you how to convert and stream video to Apple TV from iPad 2 with optimal AC3 5.1 audio track.
Here we recommend the top iPad 2 to Apple TV Converter for you which can help you convert video from iPad 2 to Apple TV with the optimal AC3 5.1 surround sound. The professional iPad 2 to Apple TV Converter supports NVIDIA CUDA technology that makes the iPad 2 to Apple TV conversion task finished quickly and easily without quality loss.
- Preparation for converting and streaming video to Apple TV from iPad 2 with optimal AC3 5.1 audio track:
1. Software: the professional iPad 2 to Apple TV Converter (free download the trial version)
2. Operating system: Windows XP/2003/Vista, Windows 7
3. iTunes 10.2 or later
- Guide: how to convert and stream video to Apple TV from iPad 2 with optimal AC3 5.1 audio track
Part 1: Convert video to Apple TV from iPad 2 with optimal AC3 5.1 audio track
Step 1: Add/Import video to iPad 2 to Apple TV Converter.
Connect iPad 2 to your computerr via iTunes. Launch iPad 2 to Apple TV Converter. Click the button “File” to add video files to iPad 2 to Apple TV Converter. You can tick the box in front of the file you want to convert. If it is necessary, you can double click the each file to have a preview.
- Step 2: Select an output format for Apple TV and set the output folder.
Click on the dropdown menu of “Format” and then move your pointer to “HD video > “H.264 HD Video (*.mp4)” which is the compatible format for Apple TV. You can also choose the format from the “Apple TV” sublist. Here we recommend you to choose H.264 HD Video. Then you can set the output folder by clicking “Browse” icon as you need.
Note: As we know, the iPad 2 and Apple TV have the same video formats, if you don’t want to reset the video format, you can just move your pointer to “Common Audio” and choose the AC3 – Dolby Digital AC-3(*.ac3) to choose the AC3 audio for Apple TV.
- Step 3: Click “Settings” icon to adjust audio and video parameters.
Click the “Settings” icon and you will go into a new interface named “Profile Settings”. You can adjust codec, aspect ratio, bit rate, frame rate, sample rate and audio channel in the interface according to your needs and optimize the output file quality.
Note: Optimal settings should be set as Video Size: 1280*720, Video Bitrate: 4000kbps, Video Frame rate: 24fps or 30fps, Audio codec: ac3, Audio Sampling rate: 48000hz, Audio Bitrate: 160kbps, Audio Channels: 5.1Channels.
- Step 4: Start converting video for Apple TV.
Click the “Convert” button; it will start converting video to Apple TV from iPad 2 with optimal AC3 5.1 audio track immediately. The professional iPad 2 to Apple TV Converter supports NVIDIA CUDA technology that makes the iPad 2 to Apple TV conversion task finished at up to 5x faster speed.
- After the iPad 2 to Apple TV conversion, you can get the output files for your Apple TV via clicking on “Open” button effortlessly. Afterward, you can sync and stream the converted video from iPad 2 to Apple TV via iTunes on PC.
- Part 2: how to stream or sync video from iPad 2 to Apple TV via iTunes on PC
Step 1: (Wireless) Connect Apple TV to PC.
Apple TV is bulit-in 802.11 wireless capability, you can sync your video, songs, photos from iTunes to Apple TV with ease and enjoy them on the couch if you have an existing wireless network. If you have no this, you can build up one or connect Apple TV to your computer via an Ethernet cable.
- Step 2: Select source menu and get a passcode.
Select Sources on Apple TV’s main menu and select syncing from the sources menu. Apple TV will generate a passcode to sync. Remember it.
- Step 3: Go to iTunes; select Apple TV from the Devices list.
- Step 4: Connect to iTunes and then sync video from it to Apple TV.
Enter the passcode to iTunes, and if it was accepted, click “OK” to make confirm. Then you can stream the video to Apple TV from iP ad 2 via iTunes as you like by drag and drop.
- Now you can watch the video with optimal AC3 5.1 audio track converted from iPad 2 on your wide screen TV in your couch with a remote control in your hand freely.
If you encounter some other troubles in using Apple TV, you can link to Apple TV Tips and Tricks which can offer you detailed and useful guide.