Convert/Transode Panasonic HDC-SD90 AVCHD 1080p MTS/M2TS to AIC for iMovie on Mac OS Lion
Panasonic's HDC-SD90 High Definition Camcorder grabs photographers’ and shutterbugs’ attention with its 3D recording and the amazing capability to capture super-smooth 1080/60p or 1080/50p footage. With its transfer rate of 28 Mbps, 1,080p recording (Full-HD, 1,920 x 1,080, 60 progressive recording) conveys about twice the information of 1,080i (interlace) recording. Due to the reason, the HDC-SD90 can yield stunningly detailed, vibrant, and life-like footage that will look great on your HDTV so that you can share your beautiful memories with your family members and friends. Only the two features will make it on the top of the customers’ list, not to mention its 28mm Wide Angle Lens, Intelligent 40x Zoom and HYBRID O.I.S., O.I.S. (Optical Image Stabilizer) Lock and Crystal Engine PRO, etc.
- But merits and demerits are always good friends. When the Panasonic HDC-SD90 users want to import Panasonic HDC-SD90 AVCHD 1080p MTS/M2TS files to iMovie on Mac, they will be disappointed at the notice that iMovie can not recognize the 1080p MTS/M2TS files, though the camcorder can be recognized by Apple. Some of the users will definitely have the same problem as the one listed below:
- I have just shot my first clip with this video camera and am trying to import it into imovie 11 but imovie will not recognize the camera even though the video camera shows up in system profiler ?
- In order to solve the problem, you have to transcode Panasonic HDC-SD90 AVCHD 1080p MTS/M2TS files to Apple InterMediate Codec (AIC), the codec which is specially designed for editing with iMovie. Here recommend the best Panasonic HDC-SD90 AVCHD 1080p MTS/M2TS files to AIC Converter for Mac, which is also proved to be compatible with Mac OS Lion. It can not only do the conversion from the Panasonic HDC-SD90 AVCHD 1080p MTS/M2TS files to AIC, but also equipped with some simple editing features, such as merging several videos into one file, deinterlacing the original footages, cropping video size, trimming video clips, adding special effects and text/image/video watermarks to output videos, thus it will be on the top of your list.
- Now let’s start with the step-by-step guide on how to transcode convert Panasonic HDC-SD90 AVCHD 1080p MTS/M2TS files to Apple InterMediate Codec and then import the converted videos for editing in iMovie on Mac OS Lion.
- Step1: Import Panasonic HDC-SD90 AVCHD 1080p MTS/M2TS files to the top Panasonic HDC-SD90 AVCHD 1080p MTS/M2TS to AIC Converter for Mac.
Connect the Panasonic HDC-SD90 to your Apple with USB2.0. Launch Panasonic HDC-SD90 AVCHD 1080p MTS/M2TS to AIC Converter for Mac and then click the adding button to import your AVCHD 1080p MTS/M2TS files. You can tick the box in front of the file you want to convert. If your MTS/M2TS have already been transferred to your Apple hard drive, you can easily drag them to the best Panasonic HDC-SD90 AVCHD 1080p MTS/M2TS to AIC Converter.
Tip: If you have multiple HDC-SD90 AVCHD 1080p MTS/M2TS files, you can select the “Merge into one” box to merge the HDC-SD90 AVCHD 1080p MTS/M2TS files into one single file for iMovie11 so that you can play these files without interruption.
- Step2: Select an output format for iMovie and set the output folder.
Click on the “Format” and you will get a dropdown menu. Move you pointer to iMovie and Final Cut Express > Apple Intermediate Codec(AIC) (*.mov). The Apple Intermediate Codec(AIC) is the compatible format for iMovie and FCE. Then you can set the output folder by clicking “Browse” icon as you need.
- Step 3: Click on the “Settings” icon to adjust audio and video parameters.
Click the “Settings” icon and you will go into a new interface named “Profile Settings”. You can adjust codec, bit rate, frame rate, sample rate and audio channel in the interface according to your needs and optimize the output file quality.
Note: Set the video frame rate as 30fps, video size as 1920*1080 and keep 5.1 channels to keep the best quality for editing in iMovie.
- Step4: Start converting/transcoding your Panasonic HDC-SD90 AVCHD 1080p MTS/M2TS files to iMovie11 with 30fps and 5.1 channels.
Click the “Convert” button; it will convert/transcode Panasonic HDC-SD90 AVCHD 1080p MTS/M2TS to AIC for iMovie on Mac immediately. You can find the process in the “Conversion” interface.
- After the Panasonic HDC-SD90 AVCHD 1080p MTS/M2TS to iMovie conversion, you will be able to get the output files compatible iMovie via clicking on “Import” button effortlessly. Now you can easily import the converted Panasonic HDC-SD90 AVCHD 1080p MTS/M2TS files to iMovie for editing with high quality without any trouble.
1: The best Panasonic HDC-SD90 AVCHD 1080p MTS/M2TS to AIC Converter also allows you to transcode 1080p MTS/M2TS files to FCE, FCP, Avid Media Composer, etc. You can link to Brorsoft MTS Converter for Mac to get more information.
- 2. To get more tips for other Panasonic camcorders and cameras, you can refer to Sony video camera Tips and Tricks that will do you a favor.
- 3: If you are interested in converting files of other formats or enjoying DVDs and BDs on your portable devices, please link to Brorsoft iMedia Converter for Mac to get more information.
Convert/Deinterlace/Transocde Panasonic Lumix G3 AVCHD 1080/60i MTS/M2TS to Apple ProRes for FCP 7
Convert/Transcode AVCHD to FCP X without AVCCAM Importer plug-in support
Convert Panasonic GX1 AVCHD 1080/60i MTS/M2TS to Adobe Premiere CS5.5
Convert/Transcode Panasonic HDC-Z10000 AVCHD 1080/60p MTS/M2TS(2D) to Apple ProRes for FCP X
Convert/Transcode Panasonic TM700 AVCHD 1080/60p MTS/M2TS to Roxio Toast for Blu-ray
Convert/Transfer HDC-TM700 M2TS to MKV with the best HDC-TM700 M2TS to MKV Converter