Convert/Import P2 MXF footage to Sony Vegas Pro 11 for editing without any trouble
The footage shot onto a P2 card in DVCPRO (HD) with Panasonic Camcorders such as AG-HVX200, AG-HPX300, etc are normally save as MXF files which are usually known as P2 MXF file for short; however, the P2 MXF file is not naturally supported by some video editing software like Sony Vegas Pro 11, Windows Movie Maker, etc. When importing the P2 MXF files to these programs for editing, you probably will meet some troubles. Here we’d like to offer you some tips of how to import P2 MXF file to Sony Vegas Pro 11 for editing without any trouble.
- Q: The Panasonic HVX200 creates .mxf files on its P2 memory, and I thought that these were supported since Vegas 6, and I have, but the .mxf files do not seem drag to the time line. Is it only Sony .mxf files that are supported?
- From quoted words from one Panasonic P2 camcorder, we find that this user met the trouble when trying to import the P2 MXF files from his Panasonic HVX200 to Vegas 11. Considering that there will be probably many other P2 camcorder users would encounter the similar trouble when importing the P2 MXF footage to Sony Vegas Pro 11 for editing, so we solve the trouble for you here.
- One of the solutions is to purchase the Raylight Ultra plugin. With this, you can either edit your P2 footage directly in the Sony Vegas Pro 11 timeline or you can convert the P2 MXF files to AVI format with the software that Raylight comes with. While, for some users, they may feel that the Raylight Ultra is a bit expensive. Well, here we offer you the other option- to transcode P2 MXF to MOV/WMV for Sony Vegas Pro 11 with a 3rd party software.
- Here we recommend the cheap but easy-to-use software to you- the best P2 MXF to Sony Vegas Converter. This P2 MXF to Sony Vegas Converter is the best application you to convert/transcode P2 MXF files to Sony Vegas Pro 11 compatible format easily at super fast speed. What’s more, this P2 MXF to Sony Vegas Converter also can help you to convert P2 MXF to any other common video format like AVI, MP4, FLV, 3GP, TS, DivX, VOB, etc as you need. Below we show you the detailed guide. Before following the guide, please make sure you’ve download and installed the best P2 MXF to Sony Vegas Converter on your computer (You can free download the trial version).
- Guide: Convert P2 MXF footage to Sony Vegas Pro 11 with the best P2 MXF to Sony Vegas Converter.
- Step 1: Import P2 MXF files to the best P2 MXF to Sony Vegas Converter.
Launch the best P2 MXF to Sony Vegas Converter. Click the button “File” to add P2 MXF footage to the best P2 MXF to Sony Vegas Converter. (Note: You should find the MXF video from one MXF whole structure folder, here we take the P2-dvcpro25 as an example: double click the P2-dvcpro25> CONTENTS> VIDEO, and then you can find the MXF file.) If it is necessary, you can double click the each file to have a preview.
Tips: 1. If you wanna join your several P2 MXF files into single one, just check the “Merge into one” box. Afterwards, you can ingest the P2 MXF file into Sony Vegas without interruption.
2. You shouldn’t move the single P2 MXF video out of the P2 MXF whole structure folder, or the P2 MXF video would be wrong such as without audio.
- Step 2: Select an output format for Sony Vegas Pro 11 and set the output folder.
Click on the dropdown menu of “Format” and then move your pointer to “Adobe Premiere/Sony Ve…”, under the sublist, you can easily find the “MOV (AVC)(*.mov)”, “WMV (VC-1)(*.wmv)”, which are both the compatible formats for the Sony Vegas Pro 11. Afterwards, you can set the output folder.
- Step 3: Click “Settings” icon to adjust audio and video parameters.
Click the “Settings” icon and you will go into a new interface named “Profile Settings”. You can adjust codec, bit rate, frame rate, sample rate and audio channel in the interface according to your needs and optimize the output file quality.
Note: You’d better keep your original video size for importing the P2 MXF files to Sony Vegas Pro 11 for editing.
- Step 4: Start converting your P2 MXF file to WMV/MOV for Sony Vegas Pro 11.
Click the “Convert” button; it will convert P2 MXF file to WMV/MOV for Sony Vegas Pro 11 immediately with the CUDA acceleration technology. You can find the process in the “Conversion” interface.
- After the P2 MXF file to WMV/MOV for Sony Vegas Pro 11 conversion, you will be able to get the output files for Sony Vegas Pro 11 via clicking on “Open” button effortlessly. Now you can import the P2 MXF file to Sony Vegas Pro 11 for editing without any trouble.
The best P2 MXF to Sony Vegas Converter can help you easily convert P2 MXF files to any video format you like MP4, MKV, MPG, AVI, FLV, 3GP, TS, DivX, VOB, etc for other video editing programs or media devices. More information get from Brorsoft P2 MXF to Sony Vegas Converter.