Convert/Merge/Import JVC Everio MOD footages to iMovie/FCP
Anyone who has purchased a JVC Everio HDD video camera has probably learned that they chose to use some god forsaken proprietary video format – the .MOD extension. While, when you wanna import the MOD footage to video editor like iMovie/FCP to edit your home movie, the MOD can’t be ingested by the iMovie/FCP directly.
- Here we recommend the best JVC Everio MOD Converter for Mac to you, with which you convert/transcode JVC Everio MOD footages to iMovie/FCP compatible format quickly with free settings of video and audio parameters for output video. In a word, this JVC Everio MOD Converter for Mac is the best choice for you.
- Preparation for converting JVC Everio MOD footages to iMovie/FCP:
1. Software: the best JVC Everio MOD Converter for Mac (Free download the trial version)
2. Operating system: Mac OS X 10.5 or 10.5 above
- Before the conversion, you first need to copy the JVC Everio MOD footages to your computer. Follow the steps.
1. Upload your videos from your camcorder to your computer. Plug in the USB cord to the camcorder, and the other end into the computer. (Camcorder should be turned off.)
2. Turn camcorder on to the "Play" position. "USB Mass Storage" should appear on screen.
3. Create a new folder on your computer desktop to save your videos to.
4. Click the "Everio_HDD (J:)" and the "SD_Video."
5. Click the "PRG" folder and select "Copy" to copy the entire contents (your videos), and then go to the new folder you created on your desktop and then paste the videos into this new folder.
Guide: how to convert JVC Everio MOD footages to iMovie/FCP with the best JVC Everio MOD Converter for Mac
Step 1: Import JVC Everio MOD footages to the best JVC Everio MOD Converter for Mac.
Launch the best JVC Everio MOD Converter for Mac. Click the button for adding to import JVC Everio MOD footages to the best JVC Everio MOD Converter for Mac. If necessary, you can double click the each file to have a preview.
Tip: If you have multiple MOD footages files, you can tick the “Merge into one” box to merge JVC Everio MOD files into one single file for FCP/iMovie so that you can play these files without interruption.
- Step 2: Select an output format for FCP/iMovie and set the output folder.
If you apply FCP for editing, click on the dropdown menu of “Format” and then move you pointer to “Final Cut Pro”, under the sublist there are a few formats which are all compatible with Final Cut Pro. Here we choose “Apple ProRes 422(HQ) (*.mov)” as an example. Then you can set the output folder by clicking “Browse” icon as you need.
If you apply iMovie for editing, click on the dropdown menu of “Format” and then move you pointer to iMovie and Final Cut Express > Apple Intermediate Codec(AIC) (*.mov). The Apple Intermediate Codec(AIC) is the compatible format for iMovie 08/09/11. Then you can set the output folder by clicking “Browse” icon as you need.
- Step 3: Click “Settings” icon to adjust audio and video parameters.
Click the “Settings” icon and you will go into a new interface named “Profile Settings”. You can adjust codec, bit rate, frame rate, sample rate and audio channel in the interface according to your needs and optimize the output file quality.
Note: You’d better set the video frame rate as 30fps, retain the original video size with less quality loss.
- Step 4: Start converting your JVC Everio MOD footages to MOV for FCP/iMovie.
Click the “Convert” button; it will convert JVC Everio MOD footages to iMovie/FCP on Mac immediately. You can find the process in the “Conversion” interface.
- After the JVC Everio MOD footages to iMovie/FCP conversion, you will be able to get the output files for FCP/iMovie via clicking on “Open” button effortlessly. Now you can easily import the JVC Everio MOD footages to FCP/iMovie for editing keeping high quality without any trouble.
1. This JVC Everio MOD Converter for Mac not only can convert JVC Everio MOD files but also supports converting Panasonic SDR, Canon FS camcorder MOD footages to FCP/iMovie. For more information please link to Brorsoft JVC Everio MOD Converter for Mac.
2. If you would like to get a video converter which can not only convert MOD files, but other video like AVCHD (Lite), TOD, MKV, TiVo, VRO, VOB, MPEG4, AIV, Brorsoft Video Converter for Mac is your best choice.