Import/Convert Sony HDR-XR200 AVCHD Footage to iMovie HD
- Sony HDR-XR200 is the entry-level model in the company’s new star line-up of GPS-equipped handycams. In adittion to built-in GPS and geo-tagging, it has all the trimming you'd expect from a flagship Sony camcorder, including full HD (1920*1080) recording, a 120GB hard drive, a 15x optical zoom lens, a Memory Stick slot for additional storage, 5.1-channel surround sound, an LCD touch screen, a 4-megapixel still image mode and optical image stabilisation.
- These features also appeal to a friend of mine who is a genuine videographer and he got a brand-new Sony HDR-XR200 recently. After recording several videos with Sony HDR-XR200, he was going to edit his pieces and seeking for the right editing software. However, Sony HDR-XR200 AVCHD footage is not editable in most non-linear editing software. What's even worse is, although the latest version of Sony Vegas (published by Sony) is capable of editing MTS format, it is only designed to run on Windows Platform. Therefore, my friend, as a Mac user, had to figure out another way to settle it down. Finally, he chose iMovie HD as the free video editing software that comes with all new Apple computers. (If edit them with iMovie'08 or iMovie'09, you will need a Mac with an Intel-based Core Duo processor or better)
- In terms of the editing software-iMovie, there are three most common versions-iMovie 08, iMovie 09 and iMovie HD. The video formats iMovie HD supported are MPEG-4, MPEG-2, MOV or DV while Sony HDR-XR200 supported videos are in AVCHD format using the MPEG AVC / H.264 codec. The existence of incompatibility results in need for a third software-AVCHD/MTS to iMovie Converter for Mac that can convert Sony HDR-XR200 AVCHD footage to iMovie HD compatible format.
- More information about Brorsoft AVCHD/MTS to iMovie Converter for Mac
- The converter can convert any video at high processing speed.
Basic video editing functions and flexible operations are available.
Sync video and audio are perfect with high quality.
Brorsoft Video Converter support VFW codec encoding.
It’s identified with easy-to-use video Converter with user-familiar interface.
- Brorsoft AVCHD/MTS to iMovie Converter for Mac applies to the following Sony Handycam HDR-XR AVCHD camcorder models:
Sony HDR-XR100, Sony HDR-XR101, Sony HDR-XR150, Sony HDR-XR200, Sony HDR-XR200V, Sony HDR-XR350, Sony HDR-XR350V, Sony HDR-XR500, Sony HDR-XR500V, Sony HDR-XR520, Sony HDR-XR520V, Sony HDR-XR550, Sony HDR-XR550V, Sony HDR-XR100E, Sony HDR-XR105E, Sony HDR-XR106E, Sony HDR-XR155E, Sony HDR-XR200E, Sony HDR-XR350E, Sony HDR-XR500E, Sony HDR-XR520E, Sony HDR-XR200VE, Sony HDR-XR350VE, Sony HDR-XR500VE, Sony HDR-XR550VE
- How to import AVCHD/MTS footage to iMovie HD
- There are two main procedures to import Sony HDR-XR200 AVCHD/MTS footage to iMovie HD:
Procedure1: Convert Sony HDR-XR200 AVCHD footage to iMovie HD compatible format
- Step1: Import AVCHD footages to Brorsoft HDR-XR200 Converter for Mac.
After install and launch AVCHD/MTS to iMovie Converter for Mac, attach your Sony HDR-XR200 to your iMac/Macbook. Then hit "Add" button on the top tool bar to select videos you would like to convert.
- Step2: Select iMovie HD supportable video formats as the output video format
Click the arrow of the drop-down menu as "Format" options. Several iMovie HD supportable video formats are available in the program. We recommend to choose "HD Video" section for "H.264 HD Video (*.mov)" as the output video format for importing to iMovie HD.
- Step 3: Start the Sony HDR-XR200 AVCHD footage to iMovie HD compatible format conversion with the best HDR-XR200 Converter.
Click the "convert" to start converting AVCHD footage to iMovie HD compatible format. During The process you can:
Be clear about the total achieved percentage of scheduled progress
"Pause" or "Cancel" the conversion at any time
"Shut down the computer after conversion" by ticking the box
- Procedure2: Import the converted Sony HDR-XR200 footage to iMovie HD
- Tips: Brorsoft AVCHD/MTS to iMovie Converter for Mac is not only an outstanding converter, but also works well as an editor. You can also do some simple editing like trimming, cropping, watermarking, adjusting brightness/contrast/saturation with it just by clicking the "Editor" button.
- Next Steps:
Download AVCHD/MTS to iMovie Converter for Mac FOR FREE
Buy AVCHD/MTS to iMovie Converter for Mac as your all-in-one HDR-XR200 AVCHD converter without watermark