Home » How To »Convert/Transcode DSC-HX9V 1080/60p to DVCPRO HD MOV for FCP X on Mac with Sony DSC-HX9V to FCP Converter
Convert/Transcode DSC-HX9V 1080/60p to DVCPRO HD MOV for FCP X on Mac with Sony DSC-HX9V to FCP Converter
- Q: I am trying to convert MTS files from a Sony HX9 camera to HDV 1080i50 for use in Final Cut Pro. Who can recommend one useful application?
From the quoted words, we find that the Sony HX9V user intended to transcode DSC-HX9V 1080/60p to HDV 1080i50 for FCP, and other Sony HX9V users may have the similar demand. Besides, as we know the latest version of FCP is the Final Cut Pro X. So to meet the demand of many Sony HX9V users, we recommend the professional Sony DSC-HX9V to FCP Converter, with which you can convert/transcode DSC-HX9V 1080/60p to FCP X for editing family movies freely and effortlessly.
- Preparation for converting DSC-HX9V 1080/60p to FCP X:
1. Software: the best Sony DSC-HX9V to FCP Converter (Free for trial version)
2. System requirement: Mac OS X v10.6.7 or later with an Intel Core 2 Duo processor or better
- Guide: step-by-step guide on how to convert/transcode DSC-HX9V 1080/60p to DVCPRO HD MOV for FCP X on Mac with Sony DSC-HX9V to FCP Converter
- Step 1: Add DSC-HX9V 1080/60p video files to Sony DSC-HX9V to FCP Converter.
Launch Sony DSC-HX9V to FCP Converter. Click the button for adding to import DSC-HX9V 1080/60p video to the best Sony DSC-HX9V to FCP Converter. You can tick the box in front of the file you want to convert. If it is necessary, you can double click the each file to have a preview.
- Step 2: Select an output format for FCP X and set the output folder.
Click on the dropdown menu of “Format” and then move you pointer to Final Cut Pro > DVCPRO HD 1080i50 (.mov). Here we choose the DVCPRO HD MOV as the friendly format for FCP X. Then you can set the output folder by clicking “Browse” icon as you need.
- Step 3: Click “Settings” icon to adjust audio and video parameters.
Click the “Settings” icon and you will go into a new interface named “Profile Settings”. You can adjust codec, bit rate, frame rate, sample rate and audio channel in the interface according to your needs and optimize the output file quality.
Tips: If you have multiple MTS/M2TS video files, you can tick the “Merge into one” box to combine the multiple video files into one single file so that you can play these files without interruption.
- Step 4: Start converting your DSC-HX9V 1080/60p to DVCPRO HD MOV for FCP X.
Click the “Convert” button, the HX9V 1080/60p to FCP X conversion will start immediately. You can find the process in the “Conversion” interface.
- After the HX9V 1080/60p to FCP X conversion, you will be able to get the output files for FCP X via clicking on “Open” button effortlessly. And now you can transfer the converted video to FCP X for personal editing, and then you can share the home videos with your families and friends with ease.
Sony DSC-HX9V to FCP Converter not only can convert video but also can edit video: crop the videos; add text watermark and image/video watermark; change the brightness and contrast of the original videos. If it is necessary, you can click the “Edit” icon to have a personalized edit for your own video.