Convert/Transcode MXF files to QuickTime MOV for playback on Mac
Nowadays, professional High Definition camcorders like Panasonic AG-AC130EJ, AJ-HPX370, Canon XF300, XF305, Sony EX camera which output .mxf HD video files are becoming more and more popular with its professional and amazing shoot and capture functions. Have you one of the owners of these professional High Definition camcorders. Ever thought of play the MXF files on your Mac?
- Generally, most Mac users are accustomed to play their videos on QuickTime, but when they want to play MXF files on Mac through QuickTime, they encounter the trouble that the QuickTime cannot recognize the MXF files. Thus, to convert MXF files to QuickTime MOV for playback on Mac is necessary. The best MXF to MOV Converter for Mac is the best application for you to convert .mxf footage shot by Panasonic P2 camcorders, Panasonic AVCCM Cameras, Canon XF series camcorder, etc to QuickTime MOV on Mac. Moreover, the best MXF to MOV Converter for Mac allows you to edit your MXF footage on Mac freely including cropping, trimming, adding watermark, etc to let you get a better effect MXF video.
- Guide: Convert/Transcode MXF files to QuickTime MOV for playback on Mac.
Before start the conversion, please make sure you’ve downloaded and installed the best MXF to MOV Converter for Mac on your Mac computer.
- Step 1: Import MXF files to the best MXF to MOV Converter for Mac.
Launch the best MXF to MOV Converter for Mac. Click the button “File” to add MXF video files to the MXF to MOV Converter for Mac. If it is necessary, you can double click the each file to have a preview.
Tips: 1. If you wanna join your several MXF video files into single one, just check the “Merge into one” box. Afterwards, you can transfer the MXF files to Mac without interruption.
2. If you have the intention to edit your MXF video, this MXF to MOV Converter for Mac can also help you like cropping, trimming, adding watermark for your MXF video.
- Step 2: Select QuickTime MOV as the output format and set the output folder.
Click on the dropdown menu of “Format” and then move your pointer to “Common Video”, under the sublist, you can easily find out the “MOV - QuickTime(*.mov)”, which is the best format for you to preview MXF footage on Mac with QuickTime. And then you can set the output folder for the MXF files.
- Step 3: Click “Settings” icon to adjust audio and video parameters for HP TouchPad.
Click the “Settings” icon and you will go into a new interface named “Profile Settings”. You can adjust codec, bit rate, frame rate, sample rate and audio channel in the interface according to your needs and optimize the output file quality.
Note: You’d better keep the video size as your original MXF files. If your reset video size is larger than the original video resolution, the image usually will be stretched.
- Step 4: Start converting your MXF files to QuickTime MOV for playback on Mac.
Click the “Convert” button; it will convert MXF files to QuickTime MOV for playback on Mac immediately. You can find the process in the “Conversion” interface.
- After the MXF files to QuickTime MOV for playback on Mac conversion, you will be able to get the output files via clicking on “Open” button effortlessly. Afterwards, you can playback the MXF files on Mac with QuickTime player at ease.
This MXF to MOV Converter for Mac can help you to convert/transcode MXF file to any format like MOV, MP4, MKV, TS, VOB, FLV, etc on Mac for playback on your media player like VLC, importing to video edit software like iMovie, or playing on portable devices like HP TouchPad, etc. You can learn more about it from Brorsoft MXF to MOV Converter for Mac.