Convert/Transcode Sony HDR-CX500 AVCHD 1080i MTS to MOV compatible with FCP X
- As it claimed that FCP X can import AVCHD video from an AVCHD camcorder, while many users find that Final Cut Pro X will still can not import a stand-alone AVCHD video file. Importing AVCHD still requires access to the original AVCHD camcorder, or a valid Camera Archive disk structure. So when Sony HDR-CX500 users wanna import HDR-CX500 AVCHD MTS to FCP X for editing, it will be a really frustrating and annoying thing for so many users.
- To solve the trouble, we recommend the best CX500 AVCHD MTS to FCP Converter which enables you to convert/transcode Sony HDR-CX500 AVCHD MTS to MOV compatible with FCP X. Besides, the professional CX500 AVCHD MTS to FCP Converter offers several simple but useful video editing options, like deinterlacing the original footages, cropping video size, merging several videos into one file, trimming video clips, adding special effects and text/image/video watermarks to output videos, thus it will be your best choice.
- Preparation for converting/transcoding HDR-CX500 AVCHD 1080i MTS to MOV for FCP X:
1. Software: the best CX500 AVCHD MTS to FCP Converter (Free for trial version)
2. System requirement: Mac OS X v10.6.7 or later with an Intel Core 2 Duo processor or better
- Guide: step-by-step guide on how to HDR-CX500 AVCHD 1080i MTS to MOV for FCP X with the professional CX500 AVCHD MTS to FCP Converter
- Part 1: Copy and transfer Sony HDR-CX500 AVCHD 1080i MTS files to Mac.
Connect your Sony HDR-CX500 camcorder to Apple computer via USB cable, find the MTS files by following the camera folder AVCHD > BDMV > STREAM. Then copy and transfer the MTS files from camera to the Apple hard drive disk.
- Part 2: Convert/Transcode Sony HDR-CX500 1080i MTS to MOV for FCP X.
Step 1: Import Sony HDR-CX500 1080i MTS to the best CX500 AVCHD MTS to FCP Converter.
Launch Sony CX500 AVCHD MTS to FCP Converter. Click the button for adding to import HDR-CX500 1080i MTS to the best CX500 AVCHD MTS to FCP Converter. You can tick the box in front of the file you want to convert. If it is necessary, you can double click the each file to have a preview.
Tip: If you have multiple MTS/M2TS video files, you can tick the “Merge into one” box to merge the multiple AVCHD MTS files into one single file so that you can play these files without interruption.
- Step 2: Select an output format for FCP X and set the output folder.
Click on the dropdown menu of “Format” and then move you pointer to “Final Cut Pro”, under the sublist there are a few formats which are all compatible with FCP X. Here we choose “Apple ProRes 422(HQ) (*.mov)” as an example. Then you can set the output folder by clicking “Browse” icon as you need.
Note: If you want the files be in smaller size, you are hoped to follow Final Cut Pro>Apple ProRes 422(LT)(*mov) option. If your files size is at SD levels, you are advised to choose Final Cut Pro>Apple ProRes 422(Proxy)(*mov), which is recommended for 480i/p and 576i/p shootings as well.
- Step 3: Click “Settings” icon to adjust audio and video parameters.
Click the “Settings” icon and you will go into a new interface named “Profile Settings”. You can adjust codec, bit rate, frame rate, sample rate and audio channel in the interface according to your needs and optimize the output file quality.
1. You’d better set the video frame rate as 30fps, video size as 1920*1080 to keep the best quality for editing in Final Cut Pro X.
2. If you wanna have a smaller file size but keep the good quality, you can change the video size to 1440*1080.
- Step 4: Start converting your HDR-CX500 AVCHD 1080i MTS to MOV for FCP X.
Click the “Convert” button; it will convert CX500 1080i MTS to FCP X on Mac immediately. You can find the process in the “Conversion” interface.
- After the CX500 AVCHD 1080i MTS to MOV for FCP X conversion, you will be able to get the output files for Final Cut Pro X via clicking on “Open” button effortlessly. Now you can easily import the converted CX500 AVCHD to Final Cut Pro X for editing with high quality without any trouble.
The best CX500 AVCHD MTS to FCP Converter also allows you to transcode AVCHD to FCE, iMovie, Avid Media Composer, etc. You can link to Brorsoft AVCHD MTS Converter for Mac to get more information.