Convert/Transfer Panasonic HDC-HS900 1080/60p MTS/M2TS to Apple ProRes for FCP
The Panasonic HDC-HS900 High Definition Camcorder, one of the Three Musketeers of the company's flagship HD camcorder fleet, offers the trusty 3 MOS image sensor system, 1080/60p video recording with 5.1-Channel Surround Sound System audio recording, Hybrid OIS, Intelligent Auto, 20x Intelligent Zoom and Eco-Mode. One of the marvelous features of the HDC-HS900 that catch our eyes is the ability to record 1920 x 1080 60p at 28Mbps, which obliterated moiré patterns and provided smooth, fluid motion. As to be expected, the Panasonic HDC-HS900 also recorded AVCHD video at 1080i (17Mbps). But when the Panasonic HDC-HS900 users are satisfied with the high quality of the 1080/60p MTS videos, they will keep in mind that few non-liner editing soft ware support the 1080/60p. The Adobe Premiere, the FCP as well as the iMovie are the most popular editing soft wares, but all of them are trying to have the ability to edit and process 60p AVCHD video files. Although the “log and transfer” of FCP X can transfer the 1080/60p MTS/M2TS videos directly from the camcorder to the edit soft ware, but there still exists some problems about the 5.1 channels audio.
- So if the Panasonic HDC-HS900 users are inclined to edit their 1080/60p MTS holiday videos with FCP, even the FCP X, the first step which should be taken is to convert/transfer Panasonic HDC-HS900 AVCHD 1080/60p MTS/M2TS to Apple ProRes for FCP. Here recommended the best Panasonic HDC-HS900 1080/60p MTS/M2TS to Apple ProRes Converter. It can not only do the conversion from the Panasonic HDC-HS900 1080/60p MTS/M2TS to Apple ProRes, but also equiped with some simple editing features, such as merging several videos into one file, deinterlacing the original footages, cropping video size, trimming video clips, adding special effects and text/image/video watermarks to output videos, thus it will be on the top of your list.
- Now, you should start conversion from the Panasonic HDC-HS900 1080/60p MTS/M2TS to Apple ProRes for FCP on Mac step by step…
- Step 1: Import Panasonic HDC-HS900 1080/60p MTS/M2TS to the best Panasonic HDC-HS900 1080/60p MTS/M2TS to Apple ProRes Converter for Mac.
Connect your Panasonic HDC-HS900 to your Apple computer with USB 2.0. Run the best Panasonic HDC-HS900 1080/60p MTS/M2TS to Apple ProRes Converter and then click the button for adding to import the 1080/60p MTS/M2TS files.
Tip: If you have multiple Panasonic HDC-HS900 1080/60p MTS/M2TS fiels, you can select the “Merge into one” to stitch the multiple video files into one single file so that you can play these files without interruption.
- Step 2: Select an output format for FCP and set the output folder.
Click on the “Format” and get the dropdown menu, then move you pointer to “Final Cut Pro”. Under the sub list are there a few formats which are all compatible with FCP. Here we recommend the Apple PreRes 422(HQ) if you give the priority to the quality of the converted videos. Then you can set the output folder by clicking “Browse” icon as you need.
Note: If you want the files to be in smaller size, you can follow Final Cut Pro>Apple ProRes 422(LT)(*mov) option. If your files size is at SD levels, you are advised to choose Final Cut Pro>Apple ProRes 422(Proxy)(*mov), which is recommended for 480i/p and 576i/p shootings as well.
- Step 3: Click “Settings” icon to adjust audio and video parameters.
Click the “Settings” icon and you will go into a new interface named “Profile Settings”. You can adjust codec, bit rate, frame rate, sample rate and audio channel in the interface according to your needs and optimize the output file quality.
Note: You’d better set the video frame rate as 30fps, video size as 1920*1080 to keep the best quality for editing in Final Cut Pro. If you want to have a smaller file size but keep the good quality, you can change the video size to 1440*1080.
- Step 4: Start converting your Panasonic HDC-HS900 1080/60p MTS/M2TS files to Apple ProRes for FCP.
Click the “Convert” button; it will convert/transfer Panasonic HDC-HS900 1080/60p MTS/M2TS to Apple ProRes for FCP on Mac immediately. You can find the process in the “Conversion” interface.
- When the Panasonic HDC-HS900 1080/60p MTS/M2TS to Apple ProRes conversion process is 100% completed, you will be able to get the output files for Final Cut Pro by clicking on “Open” button effortlessly. Now you can easily import the converted and/or merged Panasonic HDC-HS900 MTS/M2TS to Final Cut Pro for editing with high quality without any trouble.
The best Panasonic HDC-HS900 MTS/M2TS to Apple ProRes Converter also allows you to transcode MTS/M2TS to FCE, iMovie, Avid Media Composer, etc. You can link to Brorsoft MTS Converter for Mac to get more information.