Transfer/Copy videos from(to) PS3 to(from) external devices(Video iPod, Sony Memory Stick, SD Card, Hard Disk, USB Flash Drive)
As the PlayStation 3 user, do you just take your PS3 as a game console only? Ever thought of turn the PS3 to an excellent video player for you? It could play high-def Blu-ray movies in addition to standard DVDs and lots of videos as well. PS3 not only can copy videos from external devices, it can also copy its videos to external devices. In this article, we aim to show you how to transfer videos from PS3 to external devices and how to copy videos to PS3 from external devices.
- Guide: Transfer/Copy videos from PS3 to external devices.
1. Connect PS3 with the external devices(Video iPod, Sony Memory Stick, SD Card, Hard Disk, USB Flash Drive).
2. Select the video in PS3, then click the button like a triangle, then click “Copy”.
3. The external devices (Video iPod, Sony Memory Stick, SD Card, Hard Disk, USB Flash Drive) connected with PS3 will be displayed, so that you could select your favorite or preferred segment to copy.
4. Finally, the file will be copied to the “VIDEO” folder in your target device.
- Meanwhile, some PS3 users would have the confusion of how to copy videos to PS3 from external devices. Here we also give you the solution.
Guide: Copy videos to PS3 from external devices.
PlayStation 3 supports so comprehensive external devices including Video iPod, Sony Memory Stick, CF Card, SD Card, Mini SD Card, Hard Disk and USB Flash Drive. It has a Memory Stick Card slot, a SD & Mini SD Card Slot and a CF Card Slot. If you have a memory card, for example, Sony Memory Stick Card, you can follow the below process.
- First, you should create a folder named as “VIDEO” in your Memory Stick Card.
Next, transfer your video to the “VIDEO” folder from your computer.
Then, insert your Memory Stick Card to the Memory Stick Card Slot on PS3.
Afterwards, PS3 would automatically detect the device and display it in the “Video” menu on PS3 system interface as bellow.
Finally, select “Memory Stick” and click the button like a triangle controller, your videos in the “VIDEO” folder in your Memory Stick will be displayed.
Note: If the videos on your Memory Stick and other external devices are not in “VIDEO” folder will be not detected and displayed by PS3. However, you could find them by yourself: you could select your device and click the button like a triangle, then click “display all”. All folders and PS3 compatible-video files would be displayed.
- Above is the guide on how to transfer videos to PS3 from external devices. Hopefully it can help you. While, there is still one important matter we should mention that the copied video files should be compatible with PS3 or the PS3 cannot read the video files at all. If you don’t have a PS3 compatible-video file, you should convert the video files to PS3 playable format first with easy-to-use software.
PS3 Video Converter is the highly recommended tool for you. With the professional PS3 Video Converter, you can convert your un-compatible video files to PS3 MP4 video easily and quickly with the CUDA acceleration technology support. That is to say all kinds of video formats could be played on PS3 by converting them to PS3 MP4 video with this software. Moreover, with the PS3 Video Converter, you can freely edit your videos like trimming, cropping, adding watermark, adjusting the effect. You can freely download the trial version of this professional PS3 Video Converter.
PS: If you are Mac users and want to convert/transfer videos to PS3 on Mac, you can download and install the PS3 Video Converter for Mac.
1. PS3 Video Converter is the best application for you to convert video files like FLV, TiVo, VOB, MOD, TOD, 3GP, MKV to PS3 MP4 at fast speed. You can get more information from Brorsoft PS3 Video Converter.
2. If you wanna learn the detailed guide on how to convert video files FLV, TiVo, VOB, MOD, TOD, 3GP, MKV to PS3 MP4, you can refer to Transfer videos, songs, pictures to PS3 from PC which offers the video to PS3 conversion guide.