With NVIDIA CUDA, Brorsoft DVD Ripper speeds up 3X faster than before
- Brief introduction of CUDA
CUDA is a parallel computing architecture developed by NVIDIA. With CUDA, your computer performance will increase dramatically by harnessing the power of the GPU. Also, we can say it is the computing engine in NVIDIA GPUs that is accessible to software developers through variants of industry standard programming languages.
- The advantages of NVIDIA CUDA.
CUDA has several advantages over traditional general purpose computation on GPUs (GPGPU) using graphics APIs.
1. Scattered reads – code can read from arbitrary addresses in memory.
2. Shared memory – CUDA exposes a fast shared memory region (up to 48KB per Multi-Processor) that can be shared amongst threads. This can be used as a user-managed cache, enabling higher bandwidth than is possible using texture lookups.
3. Faster downloads and readbacks to and from the GPU.
4. Full support for integer and bitwise operations, including integer texture lookups. （http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CUDA#Advantages）
- With these advantages of NVIDIA CUDA, more CPU resources can be spared for other applications, making your computer run 3-5 times faster. Brorsoft DVD Ripper for Windows has adopted the NVIDIA CUDA to take 3X faster speed to their users.
- The below is the test for the performance of Brorsoft DVD Ripper for windows when converting DVD IFO to HD MP4 video with and without a CUDA-enabled graphics card respectively.
- Computer specs:
Processor: Pentium? Dual-Core CPU
Memory: 2.00 GB
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 310
Operation System: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional.
- Brorsoft DVD Ripper makes the conversion speed 3X then before.
- Functions of Brorsoft DVD Ripper
1. Remove CSS encryptions and region codes from commercial DVDs.
2. Convert DVD Discs, DVD IFO/DVD ISO files to AVI, WMV, MPEG, MP4, 3GP, FLV, etc.
3. Support “Full Disk Copy” to remain the original DVD structures.
4. Play DVD movies on iPad/iPad 2, iPhone 4, Apple TV, PS3, Xbox 360, Droid X, Galaxy Tab, etc.
5. Support NVIDIA CUDA acceleration to rip DVD
- Brorsoft DVD Ripper Supported Output formats:
W4A, AIFF, TS, 3G2, VOB, SWF, M2TS, MOV, MP4, MPEG4, AVI, FLV. MKV, MPG, ASF, WAV, WMA, AU, OGG, 3GP ect.
- the supported operation system of NVIDIA CUDA
Windows Server 2008
Windows Server 2003
- Supported Graphics Cards:
1. The conversion speed has much to do with the Graphics Cards. The higher class of your Graphics Cards, the faster speed you will have. Usually, with the CUDA, the speed will be 3X faster. If your Graphics Card is above 500, you conversion speed surely will reach 5X faster.
- 2. Know more Brorsoft CUDA products.