Import Canon XF100 MXF files to FCP X- Convert XF100 1080p MXF to Apple ProRes for FCP X on Mac
Canon's XF100 HD Professional Camcorder is an amazingly compact, fully featured pro video camera that imports nearly all the features and functionality of the 3-chip XF300 into a smaller, single sensor form factor. Take advantage of the latest HD technology, the XF100 supports the highest HD quality with Full HD 1920x1080 resolution, up to a 50Mbps bit rate and 4:2:2 color sampling. Why not import your Full HD MXF files to video editing program like FCP X for further editing to get better effect?
- Q: Canon XF100 records MXF files and saved them to CF card. Now Log and Capture function is missing in the FCP X. MXF files just stay in my CF card and can not be imported to FCP X for editing. If I know FCP X has cancelled the ability to handle MXF files from Canon XF 100, I could not have bought it. How can I fix it?
- From the quoted words of one Canon XF100 user, we learn that the user wanna to import Cannon XF100 mxf files to FCP X for editing; while, the FCP X can not handle MXF files from Canon XF100. Considering that many other Canon XF100 users would have the similar trouble, here we’d like to solve the problem for you.
- In order to transfer Canon XF100 MXF files to FCP X, you have to transcode/convert Canon XF100 MXF files to FCP X compatible format with an easy-to-use 3rd party software since the FCP X can’t recognize the MXF files. Here we recommend the best Canon XF100 MXF to FCP X Converter, with which you can transcode/convert Canon XF100 MXF files to Apple ProRes FCP X on Mac easily and quickly. Before start the conversion, please download and install the best Canon XF100 MXF to FCP X Converter on your Mac computer(You can free download the trial version).
- Guide: Transcode/Convert Canon XF100 MXF files to Apple ProRes FCP X on Mac with the best Canon XF100 MXF to FCP X Converter.
- Step 1: Import Canon XF100 MXF files to the best Canon XF100 MXF to FCP X Converter.
Transfer the MXF video from Canon XF100 MXF camcorder to your Mac computer hard drive via USB cable. Launch the best Canon XF100 MXF to FCP X Converter. Click the button “File” to add Canon XF100 MXF files (or directly drag and drop your Canon XF100 MXF files) to the Canon XF100 MXF to FCP X Converter. If it is necessary, you can double click the each file to have a preview.
Tip: If you want to merge Canon XF100 MXF files for FCP X, just need to check the “Merge into one” box.
- Step 2: Select an output format for FCP X and set the output folder.
Click on the “Format” and get the dropdown menu, then move you pointer to “Final Cut Pro”. Under the sublist, several formats are all compatible with FCP X. Here we recommend the “Apple PreRes 422(HQ) (*mov)” which make you add Canon XF100 MXF files to FCP X with best video quality . Then you can set the output folder by clicking “Browse” icon as you need.
- Step 3: Click “Settings” icon to adjust audio and video parameters.
Click the “Settings” icon and you will go into a new interface named “Profile Settings”. You can adjust codec, bit rate, frame rate, sample rate and audio channel in the interface according to your needs and optimize the output file quality.
Note: Keep the video size as 1920*1080 to keep the best quality for editing in FCP X. If the 60i/30fps is your original frame rate, you’d better set the video frame rate as 30fps; if you shoot with 50i/25fps, you’d better set the 25fps as the frame rate. If you want to have a smaller file size but keep the good quality, you can change the video size to 1440*1080.
- Step 4: Start converting your Canon XF100 1080p MXF files to Apple ProRes for FCP X on Mac.
Click the “Convert” button; it will transcode/convert Canon XF100 MXF files to Apple ProRes for FCP X on Mac immediately. You can find the process in the “Conversion” interface.
- After the XF100 MXF to Apple ProRes for FCP X on Mac conversion, you will be able to get the output files for FCP X via clicking on “Open” button effortlessly. Afterwards, you can import the Canon XF100 MXF to FCP X freely for further editing without any trouble.
1. Canon XF100 MXF to FCP X Converter is the Canon XF100 MXF convert tool for you to transcode/convert Canon XF100 1080p MXF to FCP X. Of course, it can also convert Canon XF100 MXF files to other video editing program, like iMovie, FCE, etc. You can link to Brorsoft Canon XF100 MXF to FCP X Converter to learn more.
2. If you just wanna convert the NXF files to Mac compatible format for playback on Mac, this Canon XF100 MXF to FCP X Converter also do you a favor. You can refer to Convert/Transcode MXF files to QuickTime MOV for playback on Mac to learn the detailed guide.