Convert/Import MXF/P2 MXF to iMovie '11 - Edit MXF/P2 MXF recordings in iMovie '11
Nowadays, the professional camcorders such as Canon XF series camcorders and Panasonic P2 card camcorders are becoming more and more popular. While, what’s a pity that these professional camcorders shooting footage in MXF format cannot be recognized by the popular video editor iMovie, even the latest version iMovie '11. So, how to import MXF/P2 MXF files to iMovie '11 for editing without any trouble? Here we’d like to share the solution with all of the MXF/P2 MXF camcorder users.
- Q: I have P2 MXF files downloaded directly from a Panasonic P2 card onto an external hard drive. I want to edit my MXF files in iMovie '11, but frustratingly, iMovie '11 can’t ingest the MXF at all. Any solution can suggest?
- From above words of one MXF camcorder user, we conclude that the user intends to import MXF/P2 MXF files to iMovie '11 for further editing, but the met the trouble. Here we offer the solution to you. In order to import MXF/P2 MXF files to iMovie '11 for editing without any trouble, the only method for you is to convert MXF/P2 MXF files to iMovie '11 compatible format with a professional tool.
- The MXF/P2 MXF to iMovie '11 Converter is the highly recommended software for you here. This easy-to-use MXF/P2 MXF to iMovie '11 Converter can help you to convert/transcode MXF/P2 MXF to iMovie '11 supported format quickly and easily. The professional MXF/P2 MXF to iMovie '11 Converter comes with default format for iMovie '11, Apple Intermediate Codec (AIC) MOV which is perfect format for iMovie '11. Below is the detailed guide.
- Guide: Convert/Transcode MXF/P2 MXF to iMovie '11 on Mac.
Before start the conversion, please make sure you have downloaded and installed the best MXF/P2 MXF to iMovie '11 Converter on your Mac computer (You can free download the trial version).
- Step 1: Import MXF/P2 MXF recordings to the best MXF/P2 MXF to iMovie '11 Converter.
Launch the best MXF/P2 MXF to iMovie '11 Converter. Click the button “File” to add MXF/P2 MXF recordings to the best P2 MXF/P2 MXF to iMovie '11 Converter. (Note: While importing MXF/P2 MXF clips to MXF/P2 MXF to iMovie '11 Converter for conversion please make sure you have the original MXF/P2 MXF file structure as it saved on your camcorder. If you only have some random .MXF clips, your files will have image only without audio.) If it is necessary, you can double click the each file to have a preview.
Tip: If you wanna join your several MXF/P2 MXF recordings into one video, just check the “Merge into one” box. Afterwards, you can ingest the MXF/P2 MXF file into iMovie '11without interruption.
- Step 2: Select an output format for iMovie '11 and set the output folder.
Click on the dropdown menu of “Format” and then move you pointer to iMovie and Final Cut Express > Apple Intermediate Codec(AIC) (*.mov). The Apple Intermediate Codec(AIC) is the compatible format for iMovie '11 which can make you edit MXF/P2 MXF recordings in iMovie '11 perfectly. Then you can set the output folder by clicking “Browse” icon as you need.
- Step 3: Click “Settings” icon to adjust audio and video parameter.
Click the “Settings” icon and you will go into a new interface named “Profile Settings”. You can adjust codec, bit rate, frame rate, sample rate and audio channel in the interface according to your needs and optimize the output file quality.
Note: You’d better keep the original video size for your MXF files and set the frame rate as 30p which can make you edit MXF/P2 MXF recordings in iMovie '11 keeping high quality and without any trouble.
- Step 4: Start converting your MXF/P2 MXF footage to 30p AIC MOV for iMovie '11 on Mac.
Click the “Convert” button; it will convert MXF/P2 MXF to 30p AIC MOV for iMovie '11 on Mac immediately. You can find the process in the “Conversion” interface.
- Once the MXF/P2 MXF footage to AIC MOV for iMovie '11 conversion is done, you will be able to get the output files for iMovie '11 via clicking on “Open” button effortlessly. Now you can easily import the MXF/P2 MXF footage to iMovie '11 for editing with high quality without any trouble.
1. The MXF/P2 MXF to iMovie '11 Converter is the best application for you to convert/transcode MXF files to iMovie. Besides, if you want to convert/import MXF to FCP X, iDVD, etc for editing, this MXF/P2 MXF to iMovie '11 Converter can also do you a favor. More information get from Brorsoft MXF/P2 MXF to iMovie '11 Converter.
2. If you want to burn your MXF/P2 MXF footage to DVD with iDVD, you can refer to Burn Panasonic AJ-HPX2700 MXF to DVD with iDVD on Mac.