Have you found that Sony Vegas Pro can not read MXF files in a P2 card or a hard drive? It is necessary to find an effective way to import P2 MXF to Sony Vegas Pro if you are shooting with Panasonic's AG-HVX200, since it features 3 wide aspect CCDs for true 16:9 recordings and the capability of shooting 1080/60i videos to a P2 card. For editing with Sony Vegas Pro, the advantage becomes the disadvantage.
Actually, it is easy to solve the importing problem of P2 MXF and Sony Vegas Pro. You just need to convert Panasonic AG-HVX200 MXF footage to MPEG, the compatible video format for editing in Sony Vegas Pro. Besides, if you don't have so much spare space, WMV is also a great choice for you. In order to preserve the HD quality of your MXF files, a top MXF to MPEG Converter becomes the most important part in the problem-solving process. Here recommened the best MXF Converter as well as the four-step guide for you to get your P2 MXF converted to MPEG for importing to Sony Vegas Pro.
Guide: Transcode P2 MXF files to MPEG-2/WMV for Sony Vegas Pro.
Things to be noted: The MXF Converter is compatible with Windows 2000/XP/2003/Vista/Windows 7/Windows 8 and always free updated.
1) Import your 1080i MXF files from P2 card to the free-downloaded P2 MXF to Sony Vegas Converter;
2) Hit the Format box and get the drop-down list. Select Adobe Premiere/Sony Vegas --> MPEG-2 (*.mpg) as output format. Besides, you can also choose WMV (VC-1) (*.wmv) if you want to get the MXF files converted with smaller size.
3) Adjust video and audio parameters, including the Bitrate of Video and Audio, the Codec of Video and Audio, Video Size, Sample Rate, Frame Rate, Audio Channels, etc., in the Profile Settings.
Tip: For MXF to MPEG-2 conversion, if you want to keep you 5.1 Channels as original, please set ac3 as audio codec.
4) Click the button for "Convert" to start converting Panasonic AG-HVX200 MXF footage for Sony Vegas Pro immediately.
Usefull Functions of MXF Converter
1. Joining files: Tick the box "Merge into one" on the main interface.
2. Preview: Double click on the file and you can get a preview on the converter.
3. Auto shutdown: Click Option and tick the box “Shut down the computer after conversion” before conversion starts.
4. 3D conversion. The Red-Blue/Red-Green 3D conversions are supported.
5. Deinterlace 1080i files: Click Edit --> Effect --> Deinterlacing.
6. Crop: Edit --> Crop and you can get the imported videos cropped as you want.
After the MXF to MPEG conversion, you can now easily transfer your Panasonic AG-HVX200 recordings to Sony Vegas Pro, including Sony Vegas Pro 8/9/10/11, for editing without any problem. Besides, if you have other editing software or want to switch to another editing software, like Adobe Premiere Pro, Avid Media Composer, Adobe Premiere Elements, Windows Movie Maker, Magix Movie Edit Pro, etc., you needn't worry about the incompatibility problem with the versatile MXF Converter. If you want to get more info, please link to Brorsoft MXF Converter.
Panasonic P2 MXF to MPEG-2- Import P2 MXF form Panasonic P2 Camera into Sony Vegas
Transfer/Import Canon EOS C300 1080i MXF to Sony Vegas Pro
Fast convert Canon MXF to MPEG-2 for Sony Vegas further editing
Convert Panasonic AG-HPX370 DVCPRO HD P2 MXF to Sony Vegas Pro
Import/Transcode Panasonic AG-HVX200 P2 MXF files to HD MPEG-2 for CyberLink PowerDirector 10
import P2 MXF to Sony Vegas Pro, converting Panasonic AG-HVX200 MXF footage for Sony Vegas Pro, transfer P2 MXF to Sony Vegas Pro, importing MXF from Panasonic AG-HVX200 to Sony Vegas Pro, transcode P2 MXF to WMV for Sony Vegas, convert P2 MXF to MPEG-2 for Sony Vegas, copy P2 MXF to Sony Vegas, put 1080i MXF to Sony Vegas, add P2 MXF to Sony Vegas Pro, convert Panasonic AG-HVX200 MXF footage to MPEG, P2 MXF to WMV conversion, P2 MXF to MPEG-2 conversion, MXF Converter for Sony Vegas Pro, MXF to Sony Vegas conversion, P2 MXF Sony Vegas importing problem, P2 MXF to Sony Vegas Converter