Load/Add/Import DSC-WX5 1080/60i AVCHD to iMovie 08/09/11
The Sony Cyber-shot WX5 incorporates the company's 12.2MP, 1/2.3" Exmor R back illuminated CMOS sensor. It features a 'Superior Auto' mode that shoots bursts of between 2 and 6 shots then combines them either to reduced noise or boost dynamic range, depending on the scene you're shooting. The WX5 includes a wide angle 5x optical zoom lens starting at 24mm equivalent and a 2.8" LCD, and other features include a Background Defocus mode, 3D Sweep Panorama mode and 1080i Full AVCHD video recording. With the stunning features, it can help you keep your precious memory forever. Some DSC-WX5 users would like to import the DSC-WX5 1080/60i AVCHD to iMovie for personalized editing and then share with their friends and families.
- However, when some DSC-WX5 users import the DSC-WX5 1080/60i AVCHD to iMovie, they will meet some troubles. As a matter of fact, iMovie 08/09, including the latest version iMovie 11 still does not support the import of AVCHD (.mts) files from a number of camcorders and cameras. To solve the troubles for so many DSC-WX5 users, here we introduce the best DSC-WX5 AVCHD to iMovie Converter, which enables you to convert/transcode DSC-WX5 1080/60i AVCHD to compatible format with iMovie 08/09/11, then you can import/load/add DSC-WX5 1080/60i AVCHD to iMovie 08/09/11 for editing easily no longer with any trouble.
- Preparation for converting/transcoding DSC-WX5 1080/60i AVCHD to iMovie 08/09/11:
1. Software: the best DSC-WX5 AVCHD to iMovie Converter (Free download trial version)
2. System requirement: Mac OS X 10.5 or above
- Guide: step-by-step guide on how to convert/import DSC-WX5 1080/60i AVCHD to iMovie 08/09/11 with the professional DSC-WX5 AVCHD to iMovie Converter
- Step 1: Import DSC-WX5 1080/60i AVCHD to the best DSC-WX5 AVCHD to iMovie Converter.
Use USB cable to connect Sony DSC-WX5 to Mac. Launch DSC-WX5 AVCHD to iMovie Converter. Click the button for adding to import DSC-WX5 1080/60i AVCHD to the best DSC-WX5 AVCHD to iMovie Converter.
Tip: If you have multiple MTS/M2TS video files, you can tick the “Merge into one” box to combine the multiple video files into one single file so that you can play these files without interruption.
- Step 2: Select an output format for iMovie 08/09/11 and set the output folder.
Click on the dropdown menu of “Format” and then move you pointer to iMovie and Final Cut Express > Apple Intermediate Codec(AIC) (*.mov). The Apple Intermediate Codec(AIC) is the compatible format for iMovie 08/09/11. Then you can set the output folder by clicking “Browse” icon as you need.
- Step 3: Click “Settings” icon to adjust audio and video parameters.
Click the “Settings” icon and you will go into a new interface named “Profile Settings”. You can adjust codec, bit rate, frame rate, sample rate and audio channel in the interface according to your needs and optimize the output file quality.
Note: You’d better set the video frame rate as 30fps, video size as 1920*1080 and choose stereo audio channel to keep the best quality for iMovie 08/09/11. While, if you wanna smaller file size but keep high qualtiy, you can set video size as 1440*1080.
- Step 4: Start converting your DSC-WX5 1080/60i AVCHD to AIC MOV for iMovie 08/09/11.
Click the “Convert” button; it will convert/transcode DSC-WX5 1080/60i AVCHD to iMovie 08/09/11 on Mac immediately. You can find the process in the “Conversion” interface.
- Once the DSC-WX5 1080/60i AVCHD to AIC MOV for iMovie 08/09/11 conversion is done, you will be able to get the output files for iMovie 08/09/11 via clicking on “Open” button effortlessly. Now you can you can easily import/load/add DSC-WX5 merged and deinterlaced AIC MOV to iMovie 08/09/11 for editing without any trouble. Afterward, you can freely share your home movie with your friends and families.
1. The professional DSC-WX5 AVCHD to iMovie Converter also allows you to convert DSC-WX5 AVCHD to FCP, FCE, iDVD, etc. video editing software or DVD burning application. Link to Brorsoft AVCHD to iMovie Converter and you can obtain more information that you need.
2. To get more tips for Sony camcorders and cameras, you can refer to Sony video camera Tips and Tricks.