How to Convert MOD to AVI on Mac?
- Recently I bought JVC GZ-MG500 which records in .MOD file type. How can I convert it to .avi or whatever more common?” This is question is frequently asked by JVC or Sony camcorder users. Some JVC (MOD) and Sony (MPG) hard disc camcorder movie are recorded in MOD format, but absolutely we need something more common, like AVI. If you are seeking an easy-to-use tool for converting MOD to AVI, Brorsoft MOD Converter is among the best choices.
- In the first place, please download Brorsoft MOD Converter and install the program. This is a free trial version and there is no function limit so you can make full use of it. The following guide will show you how to convert MOD to AVI with Brorsoft MOD Converter.
- Step One: Import the MOD files to MOD Converter.
Keep your camcorder connected to PC and run the program. See the interface? Simply click Add button and browse to the MOD files you want to convert, just leave out the corresponding MOI files. Brorsoft MOD Converter supports batch conversion and combining multiple footages together.
- Step Two: Set output format and correlative settings.
Click Format bar, select Common Video-> AVI. To pursue highest video quality, you may follow HD Video-> HD Divx since it compress video segments into small sizes while maintaining relatively high visual quality. Then type in output path in Output bar or click the small folder icon to specify a destination folder. Check Merge into one box and the selected files in file list will be combined and output as one file. Click Edit menu and enter Trim window to cut off unwanted clips and reduce the output AVI to exactly what you want.
- Step Three: Converting MOD to AVI.
To start conversion, simply click Convert button. A progress window will pop up and show you the converting progress. It also allows you to set auto shutdown. After conversion you can copy them to your portable player or whatever.
- learn more information about Brorsoft MOD Converter.