Convert 1080p video to the new Apple TV 3- Play 1080p movie on the new Apple TV 3 freely
The Apple TV 3 has arrived, eighteen months after the last iteration. The hockey puck set top box has been given a boost, as expected, with new features and support for 1080p. Alongside this, iTunes in the Cloud now supports movies, and downloads from the iTunes store can now be had in that full HD resolution to take advantage of the Apple TV 3′s power. Thus, if you have been one of the Apple TV users, you can get endless entertainment with the new 1080p Apple TV.
- From it website, we find that the Apple TV 3 can play H.264 video up to 1080p, 30 frames per second, High or Main Profile level 4.0 or lower, Baseline profile level 3.0 or lower with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps per channel, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats. However, Apple TV still cannot import, stream and play full HD 1080p video which is in MKV, AVI, TiVo, WMV, FLV, AVCHD, MPEG, DivX, VOB format and more. Thus, how to play 1080p movies on the new Apple TV 3?
- Well, as a matter of fact, it’s easy to make you play 1080p video in whatever formats through Apple TV on your HDTV as long as you have a professional and easy-to-use video convert program. Here we highly recommend you the best Video Converter for Apple TV 3. With this professional Video Converter for Apple TV 3, you can easily batch convert any video files AVI, MKV, MPEG, Xvid, DivX, WMV, FLV, MOD, TOD, F4V, MTS, M2TS in 1080i/1080p resolution to Apple TV 3 supported H.264 video format keeping 1080p quality for playing full HD video on Apple TV 3 freely.
- Guide: Convert 1080p video to the new Apple TV 3
Step 1: Import video files to the Video Converter for Apple TV 3.
Launch the best Video Converter for Apple TV 3. Click the button “File” to add video files to it. If it is necessary, you can double click the each file to have a preview.
Tip: If you have several video files and wanna combine/merge several video files for the Apple TV 3, you just need to tick off the “Merge into one” box.
- Step 2: Select an output format for the new Apple TV 3 and set the output folder.
Click on the dropdown menu of “Format” and then move your pointer to “HD video > “H.264 HD Video (*.mp4)” which is the compatible format for Apple TV 3. You can also choose the format from the “Apple TV” sublist, which are all compatible for the new Apple TV. Then you can set the output folder by clicking “Browse” icon as you need.
- Step 3: Click “Settings” icon to adjust audio and video parameters.
Click the “Settings” icon and you will go into a new interface named “Profile Settings”. You can adjust codec, aspect ratio, bit rate, frame rate, sample rate and audio channel in the interface to optimize the output file quality.
Note: Since the new Apple TV can support H.264 video up to 1080p, you can set the video size as 1920*1080 to play videos on Apple TV with full HD 1080p resolution.
- Step 4: Start converting your 1080p video files to MP4 for the new Apple TV 3.
Click the “Convert” button; it will convert video to MP4 for the new Apple TV 3 immediately with NVIDIA CUDA technology support. You can find the process in the “Conversion” interface.
- After the short conversion, you will be able to get the output files for the Apple TV 3 via clicking on “Open” button effortlessly. Now you can sync/copy 1080p videos to the new Apple TV 3 via iTunes easily.
1. This Video Converter for Apple TV 3 not only can help you to convert videos to the new Apple TV, but also can help you to edit your videos cropping, trimming, adding watermark, etc. If you want to learn more about it, please link to Brorsoft Video Converter for Apple TV 3.
2. If you are not familiar with how to sync videos to Apple TV 3 via iTunes, you can refer to Sync movies, music to the new Apple TV 3.