Home » How To »DVD to Apple TV Ripper—Rip/Stream/Sync DVD movies to Apple TV with forced subtitles freely
DVD to Apple TV Ripper—Rip/Stream/Sync DVD movies to Apple TV with forced subtitles freely
Q: I wanan obtain forced subtitles only from a DVD movie for playing on Apple TV with big screen TV. What can I do? Who can recommend one useful application?
- From the above quoted words of one Apple TV user, it’s not hard for us to find that the user intends to watch or play DVD movies on Apple TV with forced subtitles only. Many other Apple TV users have the similar demand possibly. Well, this article will recommend the best DVD to Apple TV Ripper for so many Apple TV users, which enables you to stream DVD to Apple TV with forced subtitles easily. In addition, we will also show you the detailed guide on how to rip DVD to Apple TV with forced titles and then you can watch or play DVD movies on Apple TV with forced subtitles as you need freely.
- What is forced subtitles?
Subtitles are common on DVD and Blu-ray movies. The most common type of subtitle is narrative subtitle, in which spoken dialogue is displayed. Comparing with narrative subtitle, forced subtitle is not so common.
Forced subtitles only provide subtitles when the characters speak a foreign or alien language, or a sign, flag, or other text in a scene is not translated in the localization and dubbing process. For example, when watching the Blu-ray Avatar movie, on screen subtitles during Navi (aborigines) speeches are so-called forced subtitles.
- Preparation for ripping DVD to Apple TV with forced subtitles:
1. the best DVD to Apple TV Ripper (Free download the trial version)
2. DVD discs
3. PC running Windows XP/2003/Vista, Windows 7, Windows Home Server with DVD driver
- Guide: Step-by-step instruction for converting/ripping DVD to Apple TV with forced subtitles with the best DVD to Apple TV Ripper
Step 1: Import DVD to DVD to Apple TV Ripper.
Launch DVD to Apple TV Ripper. Click the button like a disc to add DVD to the best DVD to Apple TV Ripper. You can tick the box in front of the file you want to rip. If necessary, you can double click the each file to have a preview.
Tick the “Only show forced subtitles” box, then after conversion the DVD movies will be present only showing forced subtitles as you like. Besides, the powerful DVD to Apple TV Ripper can allows you to select the preferred subtitles according to your need.
- Step 2: Select an output format for Apple TV and set the output folder.
Click on the dropdown menu of “Format” and then move your pointer to “HD video > “H.264 HD Video (*.mp4)” which is the compatible format for Apple TV. You can also choose the format from the “Apple TV” sublist. Here we recommend you to choose H.264 HD Video. Then you can set the output folder by clicking “Browse” icon as you need.
- Step 3: Click “Settings” icon to adjust audio and video parameters.
Click the “Settings” icon and you will go into a new interface named “Profile Settings”. You can adjust codec, aspect ratio, bit rate, frame rate, sample rate and audio channel in the interface according to your needs and optimize the output file quality.
Note: Optimal settings for Apple TV
Video Size: 1280*720
Video Bitrate: 4000kbps
Video Frame rate: 30fps
Audio codec: ac3
Audio Sampling rate: 48000hz
Audio Bitrate: 160kbps
Audio Channels: 5.1Channels
- Step 4: Start converting your DVD to Apple TV with forced subtitles only.
Click the “Convert” button; it will rip DVD to Apple TV with forced subtitles at once. With the NVIDIA CUDA acceleration, the DVD to Apple TV with forced subtitles conversion task will be completed at up 5x faster speed without quality loss.
- Once the DVD to Apple TV with forced subtitles conversion is done, you can get the output files for your Apple TV via clicking on “Open” button effortlessly. Afterward, you can sync the DVD with forced subtitles to Apple TV via iTunes.
1. The powerful DVD to Apple TV Ripper not only can rip DVD to Apple TV with forced subtitles, but also can convert DVD discs, DVD IFO/ISO files to Apple TV, or other media devices like iPad/iPad 2, Motorola Xoom, Samsung Galaxy Tab, iPhone 4, Droid X, etc. For more information about, please link to Brorsoft DVD to Apple TV Ripper.
2. More useful and detailed guides on Apple TV, please link to Apple TV Tips and Tricks. Hopefully it may help you.