Transcode Canon 60D H.264 MOV to Apple ProRes for FCP without rendering
- Released in September, 2010, The Canon EOS 60D is in many ways a great camera: fast, feature-packed, and with excellent photo and video quality. Offering photographers the freedom to go beyond stills, the Canon 60D captures 1920x1080p HD video with a variety of user-selectable frame rates, including 30, 25 and 24fps, as well as 720p video at 60 and 50fps. Movie Crop mode is also available, recording with the central 640x480 pixel area of the sensor to create an effective magnification of approximately seven times the focal length of the lens.
- If you own a Canon EOS 60D, you can use it to capture some interesting videos in daily life or in some important occasions. You would like to edit the Canon 60D Videos with Final Cut Pro 6 or Final Cut Pro 7, but failed. As we know, the videos shot by Canon 60D are in QuickTime MOV format with H.264/MPEG-4 Video Codec and uncompressed PCM audio Codec. FCP doesn’t support Canon EOS 60D H.264 .mov videos naturally. So a Canon 60D MOV Converter for Mac is needed to help you transcode Canon 60D H.264 1080P/720P MOV to Apple ProRes 422 compatible with FCP. Please take through the following passage with the help of Brorsoft Video Converter for Mac.
- Step 1: Load Canon 60D MOV videos to the best Canon 60D MOV Converter for Mac.
After transferring .mov files from Canon EOS 60D camera to iMac/MacBook Pro with Mac OS X like Tiger, Leopard, Snow Leopard via USB Cable, just run the recommended Brorsoft Video Converter for Mac as the best Canon 60D MOV Converter. Then click the “Add” button to load the 1080P or 720P MOV videos. You could also drag & drog the Canon 60D MOV videos to the program directly. Plus, multiple files are allowed to be imported altogether.
- Step 2: Select Apple ProRes 422(*.mov) as output format.
In order to convert Canon 60D H.264 MOV to Apple ProRes 422 for FCP, you just need select Apple ProRes 422(*.mov) as output format. Please click on the dropdown menu of “Format”, and then follow “Final Cut Pro” template to select “Apple ProRes 422 (*.mov)” format.
- Step 3: Set audio and video parameters appropriate for FCP.
Click the “Settings” button and customize proper video/ audio parameters if necessary. Video size, bitrate and fame rate are flexible and can be adjusted as you like. E.g. Set video size to 1920*1080 when you feel like to keep 1080p as the source file features. If the videos you imported are 720P MOV videos, please be sure to set the video frame rate as 60fps or 50fps to keep the same with the original videos.
- Step 4: Click “Convert” to start transcoding Canon 60D MOV to Apple ProRes 422 codec.
Click the "convert" to start converting Canon 60D H.264 1080p/720p MOV files to Apple ProRes 422 Codec MOV. The conversion process may take long time due to huge file size but trust me-- this Mac Video Converter is faster than most other MOV transcoding tool. And it will not bother to render the converted files in FCP. After conversion just click the "Open" button to locate converted video files for FCP post-production seamlessly.
- More key features of the best Canon 60D MOV Converter for Mac :
The best Canon 60D MOV Converter for Mac is able to convert the original footages shot by Canon, Sony, Nikon and Panasonic DSLR Cameras such as Canon EOS 7D/500D/550D/600D/1100D, Sony Alpha A230L, Sony A55VHZ, Nikon D3000/D5000/D5100/D7000, Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2/GH3, DMC-G3, DMC-G2, etc. to Apple ProRes 422, ProRes 4444, DVCPRO, Apple InterMediate Codec for further editing or burning with iMovie, FCP, FCE and more.