The AG-HPX255 P2 hand-held camcorder, like its sister model, the AG-HPX250, offers advanced high-performance features including a high-sensitivity 1/3” 2.2 megapixel 3-MOS image sensor and an AVC-Intra codec to enable high-quality recording of Full-HD (1920 x 1080).
From its specs, we know Panasonic AG-HPX255 can generate MXF recordings in AVC-Intra and DVCPRO HD codec. While, when you import Panasonic AG-HPX255 P2 MXF files to FCP for editing, problems occurred. Although Final Cut Pro can support DVCPRO HD codec, you will meet some stuttering problem when viewing the P2 MXF footage in FCP on Mac. Plus, FCP does not support direct editing of AVC-Intra in the timeline. Final Cut Pro most compatible format is Apple ProRes. The best solution to solve the P2 MXF importing issues on FCP is to transcode Panasonic P2 MXF to ProRes for Final Cut Pro 6/7/X on Mac.
To make it easier for editing Panasonic AG-HPX255 P2 MXF videos in FCP, you can use P2 MXF Converter for Mac, which works as a great Mac Panasonic AG-HPX255 MXF Converter. It enables you to convert Panasonic AG-HPX255 P2 .mxf videos to Apple ProRes MOV with least quality loss. For easier editing, this cool Mac tool can also help you to merge multiple video clips.
Let’s start the conversion with the step-by-step guide on how to convert AG-HPX255 P2 HD MXF files to ProRes .mov and then import the converted videos for editing in FCP.
1. Download and install the best P2 MXF to ProRes Converter and launch it to add your P2 MXF videos to it.
a. If you are using FCP X, please make sure you have installed ProApps QuickTime Codecs manually, or you may get files with sound only without video.
b. When import MXF videos to the MXF Converter, please make sure you have the entire MXF file structure as it saved on your camcorder’s P2 card. If you only have some loose .MXF clips, your files will have image only without audio.
2. Click on the “Format”> Final Cut Pro, Apple PreRes 422(HQ), Apple PreRes 422, Apple ProRes 422(LT), etc are all the proper choice for you.
3. Click "Settings" to adjust the parameters as you want, like Video Codec, bit rate, frame rate, Audio codec, sample rate, bit rate, channels. Set the video frame rate as 30fps, video size as 1920*1080 will be better.
4. Check off the "Merge into one" box to combine your .mxf files into one. Then, click Convert button to start converting AG-HPX255 P2 MXF to FCP friendly Apple ProRes 422 for native editing on Mac OS X.
5. When the conversion ends, you can run the Final Cut Pro and click File --> Import --> Files to import the resulted MOV files and edit them in FCP easily.
This P2 MXF Converter for Mac is also the best choice to do some easy editing work like cropping, trimming, adding watermark adjusting brightness and so on. Please go to Brorsoft MXF Converter for Mac to get more info.
Transfer Panasonic AG-HPX370 P2 MXF to FCP on Mac
Import P2 MXF footage to Sony Vegas Pro 11
Import Panasonic P2 MXF to iMovie on Mac
Edit Panasonic P2 MXF in FCP on Mac
Convert Panasonic AG-HPX250 P2 HD MXF to FCP X
Convert Canon C500 MXF files to ProRes 422 for FCP 6/7 on Mac
convert Panasonic AG-HPX255, AVC-Intra P2 MXF to FCP, Panasonic AG-HPX255 and FCP, import AG-HPX255 P2 MXF files to FCP, Panasonic AG-HPX255 MXF Converter, convert P2 MXF to ProRes, P2 MXF to ProRes Converter, MXF Converter for FCP, FCP ingest AVC Intra