Connect Galaxy Nexus to PC- Transfer music, picture, video files to Galaxy Nexus from PC(Mac,Windows)
- It is the third generation successor to Google's previous flagship phones, the Nexus One and Nexus S. It has an HD (1280×720 pixels) Super AMOLED display with curved glass, an improved camera system, and Google's new version of its Android operating system, version 4.0, codenamed Ice Cream Sandwich. If you are the owner of the Galaxy Nexus, you probably have good experience on it. This article we offer the tips on how to connect Galaxy Nexus to PC for transferring music, picture, video files to Galaxy Nexus.
- Guide: Connect Galaxy Nexus to PC via USB.
1. Use a USB cable to connect your Galaxy Nexus to a Windows computer.
2. This connection uses the MTP protocol, which is supported by most recent versions of Windows.
3. When you connect your Galaxy Nexus to the USB port on your Windows computer, its USB storage is mounted as a drive and appears on your computer screen.
4. Now you can copy music, picture, video files to Galaxy Nexus from windows PC as you using any other external device.
5. When you’re finished, simply disconnect the Galaxy Nexus by unplugging the USB cable.
Note: If you are using USB tethering, you must turn that off before you can use USB to transfer files between your Galaxy Nexus phone and Windows computer.
This connection uses the MTP protocol, which is not supported by Mac OS X natively. Therefore, you first need to install the free Android File Transfer application on your Macintosh. It’s available from www.android.com/filetransfer, along with instructions on how to install it. After you install Android File Transfer, follow these steps:
1. If you are using Android File Transfer for the first time, double-click it to open it.
2. After you start Android File Transfer once, it opens automatically whenever you connect your device to your computer.
3. Connect your device to your computer with a USB cable.
4. Android File Transfer starts, if it’s not already running, and opens a window that displays the contents of your device, along with storage space details at the bottom of the window.
5. If it were a Finder window: opening and closing folders, creating new folders, and dragging music, picture, video files to Galaxy Nexus from Mac PC. Disconnect the USB cable when you're finished.
- Above are the instruction on how to connect Galaxy Nexus to PC(Mac and Windows) for transferring music, picture, video files. However, we have to stress that if you wanna transfer the media files to Galaxy Nexus from Mac or Windows without any trouble, there is an important item you need to note. As we know, the Galaxy Nexus only support playing video in MP4, H.264, H.263, WebM format, audio in MP3, WAV, eAAC+, AC3, Vorbis, FLAC format. Thus, to transfer video, music files to Galaxy Nexus, first of all, you need to convert the video, music to Galaxy Nexus compatible format first. Here we give you the guide on how to convert video to Galaxy Nexus on Mac.
- First of all, we highly recommend the best Galaxy Nexus Video Converter for Mac to you. This Galaxy Nexus Video Converter for Mac can help you to convert any video files like AVI, FLV, MOV, WMV, TiVo, MOD, VOB, MTS, MPEG, MKV, etc to Galaxy Nexus compatible format at super fast speed effortlessly. Moreover, this Galaxy Nexus Video Converter for Mac allows you to edit your videos as you need like cropping, trimming, adding watermark, etc. Before start the conversion, download and install the best Galaxy Nexus Video Converter for Mac on your computer.
- Guide: Convert video to Galaxy Nexus on Mac with the best Galaxy Nexus Video Converter for Mac.
- Step 1: Import videos AVI, FLV, MOV, WMV, TiVo, MOD, VOB, MTS, MPEG, MKV to the best Galaxy Nexus Video Converter for Mac.
Launch the best Galaxy Nexus Video Converter for Mac. Click the button “File” to add AVI, FLV, MOV, WMV, TiVo, MOD, VOB, MTS, MPEG, MKV video files to the best Galaxy Nexus Video Converter for Mac. If it is necessary, you can double click the each file to have a preview.
Tip: If you wanna put AVI, FLV, MOV, WMV, TiVo, MOD, VOB, MTS, MPEG, MKV onto Galaxy Nexus without interruption, you need to join your several video files into single one via checking the “Merge into one” box.
- Step 2: Select an output format for Galaxy Nexus and set the output folder.
Click on the dropdown menu of “Format” and then move your pointer to “Common Video”, under the sublist, you can easily find out the “H.264 Video(*.mp4)”, compatible with the Galaxy Nexus for transferring videos to Samsung Galaxy Nexus from Mac. And then you can set the output folder via clicking the “Brower” option.
- Step 3: Click “Settings” icon to adjust audio and video parameters.
Click the “Settings” icon and you will go into a new interface named “Profile Settings”. You can adjust codec, bit rate, frame rate, sample rate and audio channel in the interface according to your needs and optimize the output file quality.
Note: You can set your video size as 1280*720 according to its resolution for playing video on Galaxy Nexus in full screen. As we know a single file to play on the Android tablet should be under 4 GB, the Galaxy Nexus as well. Please remember the higher bitrate, the larger file size while the better video quality.
- Step 4: Start converting video AVI, FLV, MOV, WMV, TiVo, MOD, VOB, MTS, MPEG, MKV to MP4 for Galaxy Nexus on Mac.
Click the “Convert” button; it will convert video to MP4 for Galaxy Nexus on Mac immediately. You can find the process in the “Conversion” interface.
- After the conversion, you will be able to get the output files for Galaxy Nexus via clicking on “Open” button effortlessly. Now you can transfer the video, music, pictures files to Galaxy Nexus from PC as well freely for enjoyment at ease.
1. This Galaxy Nexus Video Converter for Mac works as the best all-in-one tool, Video Converter and Video Editor which can help you convert, edit, merge video files to Galaxy Nexus on Mac easily. You can link to Brorsoft Galaxy Nexus Video Converter for Mac to learn more.
2. If you are Windows users, and want to learn the guide on how to convert video to Galaxy Nexus, you can link to Convert MTS/MKV/MOV/TiVo to Samsung Galaxy Nexus.
3. If you wanna watch DVD movie on Galaxy Nexus, Brorsoft DVD Ripper can do you a favor.