Transfer/Stream TiVo shows to PS3- Play TiVo on PS3 freely
Q:I know you can put the recordings from the box to your computer and then to your iPod or PSP, but I want to know if you can transfer them to your PS3 hard drive and watch them through your PS3. From there I would like it to convert the recordings automatically into a format that my PS3 could read so I can stream it using WMP11 which I use as my media server, to my PS3 in the family room and my son’s room.
- We quoted the words of one PS3 user. From these words, we can conclude that the user is looking for way to stream TiVo shows to PS3 and play TiVo shows on PS3 freely. To satisfy the needs of so many PS3 users who have the similar demand, here we provide the easy solution to you.
- To stream TiVo to PS3 successfully, first you need to do is to change the file format to the one supported in the PS3, or the PS3 cannot recognize the file. TiVo to PS3 Converter is the best application for you to convert TiVo to PS3 friendly format at super fast speed with the CUDA acceleration technology support. Below is the step-by-step guide.
- While, before start the TiVo to PS3 conversion, first you need to transfer the TiVo shows to your hard drive.
1. Download and install the "TiVo Desktop" software (You can search from Google). Install the software.
2. Open Tivo Desktop and click the "Pick Recordings to Transfer" button at the top right-hand side of the window. This brings up a list of shows and recordings stored on your TiVo.
3. Check the box beside the recordings you want to transfer. Click the "Start Transfer" button. This copies the files from your TiVo to the "My TiVo Recordings" folder on your hard drive. The default location for this folder is "C:\Users\[your user name]\Documents\My TiVo Recordings."
- Guide: Convert TiVo to PS3 with the best TiVo to PS3 Converter.
Step 1: Import TiVo shows to the best TiVo to PS3 Video Converter.
Run the best TiVo to PS3 Converter. Click “Help”> “Option”, and you will go into a new interface named “Option”. In the interface, click “TiVo” icon, here you need to enter Media Access Key, and click “OK” to confirm.
Click the button “File” to add TiVo shows to the professional TiVo to PS3 Converter. If it is necessary, you can double click the each file to have a preview.
Tip: If you wanna join your several video files into single one, just check the “Merge into one” box for playing videos on PS3 without any interruption.
- Step 2: Select an output format for PS3 and set the output folder as you need.
Click on the dropdown menu of “Format” and then move your pointer to “Common Video”. From the sublist, the H.264, MPEG-4, AVI, WMV formats are compatible with PS3. Of course, you can also choose the output format from “PSP/PS3”. From the sublist, the “PS3 Video(AC3 5.1)(*.avi)”, “PS3 Video(480P) MPEG-4(*.mp4)”, “PS3 Video(720P) MPEG-4(*.mp4)”, “PS3 Video(1080P) MPEG-4(*.mp4)” are all the friendly formats for you to transfer TiVo shows to PS3.
- Step 3: Click “Settings” icon to adjust audio and video parameters.
Click the “Settings” icon and you will go into a new interface named “Profile Settings”. You can adjust codec, bit rate, frame rate, sample rate and audio channel in the interface freely and optimize the output file quality.
Note: As we know, PS3 can support 1920*1080 resolution, you can set the video size as 1920*1080 to keep the high quality of your HD TiVo shows.
- Step 4: Start converting your TiVo shows to PS3.
Click the “Convert” button; it will convert TiVo shows to PS3 immediately with the CUDA acceleration technology support. You can find the process in the “Conversion” interface. After the TiVo to PS3 conversion, you will be able to get the output files for PS3 via clicking on “Open” button effortlessly.
- Now, we offer the instruction of how to stream TiVo to PS3 with Window Media Player.
1. Download Windows Media Player, if not already installed on your system (see Resources). Double-click the installer when the download completes and follow the on-screen instructions provided by the installer.
2. Open Windows Media Player and then click on the "Start" > "All Programs" > "Windows Media Player" icons.
3. Click the "Switch to Library" button. Click "Organize," then "Manage Libraries," then "Recorded TV Library Locations." Find the folder from step 4 in the list of folders and click "Include Folder."
4. Open "Network Settings" from the "Settings" column of your PS3. Choose "Media Server Connection." Select "Enable."
5. Click on "Tools" in Windows Media Player, then "Options," then "Library." Click "Configure Sharing" and select your PS3 from the list of devices. Click "Allow."
6. Restart your PS3.
7. Select the "Windows Media Player" icon from the "Video" column of the PS3's main menu. The PS3 will display the files and folders you added to the Windows Media Player library.
8. Highlight the TiVo show or folder you want to transfer and press the "Triangle" button. Select "Copy" from the menu that pops up on the right side of the screen and select a destination for the videos. Windows Media Player will copy TiVo to PS3 over the network.
1. TiVo to PS3 Converter is an easy-to-use and comprehensive video convert tool for PS3.With the TiVo to PS3 Converter, you can not only convert TiVo to PS3 compatible format but also can convert other videos like FLV, MOV, VOB, TOD, MOD, MKV, etc to PS3. More information get from Brorsoft TiVo to PS3 Converter.
2. If you have some music files and want to transfer to PS3 with WMP, you can refer to Stream music file to PS3 from Windows 7 PC with Window Media Player 12.