Aside from the magnificent screen, it being a Nexus is probably the highest selling point for Nexus 10 over all other Android tablets. Overview its screen, cameras, battery, speakers and more, Nexus 10 works superbly and is the best deal for any 10" tablet on the market.
If you are a Mac user and have a Nexus 10, you probably have already noticed that the tablet does not seem to be accessible when just connected via USB to the Mac. By following these steps you can mount the tablet and transfer files between Mac and Nexus 10 without difficulty.
As we know, the Nexus 10 uses the MTP file transfer protocol and Macs do not support this out of the box. By switching the file transfer mode on the Nexus to camera, you can transfer images off the device through iPhoto. However, moving documents or other files through this method is not possible. Instead, by installing the Android File System app, you can gain full access to the file system of the device. Now, follow the step-by-step guide for transferring movie files to Nexus 10 from Mac.
1. Download the Android File System application.
2. Install the Android File System app by opening the DMG file, and then dragging the App into your Applications folder.
3. Once installed, connect your Nexus 10 to your Mac via the USB cable. Open up the Android File System app. It should recognize your tablet and then open up a Finder type window.
4. You can drag and drop files and media into the window. Additionally, you can create new folders and delete files. Be sure you know what files your deleting as you can break the OS by deleting or altering essential system files.
1. If you get a “No Device Found” message, be sure your Nexus 10 is in “Media device (MTP)” transfer mode. You can do this by swiping down to open the notification tray and then tapping on the “Connected As…” message.
2. To get the movie files playable on Nexus 10 after transferring, you should keep the video files in Nexus 10 readable format: MPEG4, H.263, H.264, WMV, DivX. If you got MKV/FLV/VOB/AVI/MPG/MOV to Nexus 10, you’d reformat these files first with a piece of video convert software for Nexus 10.
Mac Nexus 10 Video Converter is one of the top choice for you, which helps you do the video conversion task on Mac OS X. It supports almost all the videos like MKV, MOV, WMV, MPEG, MTS, MOD, FLV, TiVo, VOB, etc and can output the best quality video for your Nexus10. Don’t worry about the conversion speed and audio/video sync.
3. When you put music to Nexus 10-inch like .wma, you will find the stock Play music app can’t play it. You should know that the last android device doesn't support .wma. You need to convert them to MP3 or .flac files first. The above recommended Nexus 10 video converter Mac can also help you to make it. Just import your WMA files to the program and start the WMA to MP3 conversion.
4. Get the step-step video conversion guide from Convert MOV/MTS/M2TS to Nexus 10 on Mac.
5. To learn more about the Nexus 10 video converter for Mac, you can link to Brorsoft Video Converter for Mac.
Putting DVD movies onto Nexus 10 with subtitles
Put and play XviD AVI movies on Nexus 10 tablet
How to play 1080p videos on Nexus 10 smoothly
Get Nexus 10 hands-on reviews & 1080p movie playback tips
Connect Nexus 10 to PC for transferring movie/music/image files
Convert and transfer MOV/MTS/M2TS to Nexus 10 on Mac
Nexus 10 access to Mac, connect Nexus 10 to Mac, transfer music to nexus 10 from Mac, move document to Nexus 10 from Mac, drag files from Mac to Nexus 10, mount Nexus10, Nexus 10 readable format, MKV to Nexus 10 Mac, AVI to Nexus 10 Mac osx, .wma to Nexus10, apple quicktime nexus10, copy music to Nexus 10