Google Nexus 7 was built to bring you the best of Google in a slim, portable package that fits perfectly in your hand. With over one million pixels in your hand, text is sharper, HD movies are more vivid and gameplay is smooth and dynamic. Plus, it supports Bluetooth and WiFi 802.11 b/g/n connection for transferring media files, apps to Nexus 7 wirelessly. However, some users are having some issues with connecting to a WiFi network. Here we list a few common problems and offer the solutions.
1. How to set up WiFi on Nexus 7 tablet
Google Nexus 7 tablet provides WiFi wireless networking technology to access Internet. To use Wi-Fi, you need to connect to a wireless access point or hotspot. Here is a step-by-step tutorial on how to enable Wi-Fi on your Nexus 7 tablet.
a. How to Turn Wi-Fi on and connect to a Wi-Fi network
* From the home screen of your Nexus 7 device, touch Settings and then select Wireless and network.
* Touch the Wi-Fi check box to enable Wi-Fi on your tablet. Then your Nexus 7 will start searching for available Wi-Fi networks.
* Touch a network name to connect to it.
b. How to Add/join a secured Wi-Fi network
* Touch Add Network in the Wi-Fi settings screen.
* Enter the SSID name and then touch Save.
If you want to forget a Wi-Fi network on Nexus, touch the name of the network, and touch Forget button.
2. Nexus 7 won't connect to WiFi with home router
Today I pick up my Nexus 7 tablet and can not connect to my WiFi network. The WiFi on router is fine at home and all computers and iPad as it does. The tablet is able to see the network and says "Connecting", then "Obtaining IP Address" and "Scanning" but not connect. The first time I could use it to access internet. Then I reboot the router and got a little bit connection.
How to Fix Android Wi-Fi Connection issues on Nexus 7
* Turn off your tablet and reinsert battery and try it again.
* Try forgetting the network and then connect again.
* If you use security on Wi-Fi router, remove it. You may need to change the channel in your wireless router or access point.
3. How to view WiFi password on nexus 7
I need the WiFi password is for the Linksys G router and can't remember how to log into the router. However, I have it saved on my nexus 7 so that the tablet connects automatically. Now I have forgotten that Wi-Fi network key. Try a few apps from the Play store, but not working. How can view stored wireless network passwords?
If your nexus 7 is rooted, just use a file explorer app, go to /data/misc/wifi, and open the wpa_supplicant.conf. In the file, "ssid" is the name of the wireless network, and "key_mgmt" is the password of the wireless network.
4. Keep WiFi on during sleep on nexus 7
I have setup wifi in the settings correctly and it works fine when I am using my nexus 7. When I download a game and put the tablet in standby or sleep mode, thw WiFi turn off automatically. Now I need to make it having a connection for transmiting data all the time.
How to keep WiFi on during sleep on nexus 7
* From Home screen, go to Settings 》 Wireless & networks 》WiFi.
* You'll have a choice to either Scan, or Advanced. Tap on Advanced (three dots in upper corner).
* Set "Keep WiFi on during sleep" to "Always".
Hope this helps. When you get the WiFi connection on your Nexus 7, you can transfer video, music, image to Nexus 7 over WiFi as well as some apps or datas freely.
PS: To get Blu-ray, DVD movies on Nexus 7, you have to convert the Blu-ray, DVD to Nexus 7 videos on your PC first. Blu-ray to Nexus 7 Converter is your best choice. Or get the Mac version here.
Convert AVI/WMV/FLV to Nexus 7
Watch Blu-ray movies on Nexus 7 with Subs
Rip DVD movies to Google Nexus 7 in full screen
Transfer movie/music/photo files to Nexus 7 from PC
Transfer videos, music, pictures to Nexus 7 from Mac
Google Nexus 7 Tablet Tech Specs & Videos Playback Tips