Is it possible to play all HD MKV videos on Nook HD? I put a .mkv file on my SD card and the Nook HD tablet does not recognize it. I attempted to rename the file to .mp4 which forced the tablet to open the file in the media player (hey, VLC is smart enough to ignore the file extension and look at the content), but this was also unsuccessful. Anyone can offer the solution?
The specifications for the Nook HD indicate that it cannot supports MKV files. What’s more, even if you applied the 3rd party video play on your Nook HD, not all the HD MKV especially the `1080p can play well on Nook HD, due to the large video size and bitrate, or the unsupported DTS audio contained in your MKV movies. So, how to enable MKV files playable on Nook HD with smooth playback? Don’t worry, get the easy solution here.
MKV to Nook HD Converter
This video converter is one of the best app for you to encode and convert your MKV videos to Nook HD friendly format like the most common and compatible MP4. Applying this video converting tool, you not only can get the definite output format, but also can freely adjust the video, audio parameters to get the video with the best quality on your 7” Nook HD for great entertainment.
1. Get the above recommended Nook HD video converter and install it on your computer, then launch it to load all of your HD MKV files to it.
2. Click the "Format" option and move your pointer to “Common Video”, under the sublist, “H.264 Video(*.mp4)”, “MPEG-4 Movie(*.mp4)”, are both compatible with Nook HD 7-inch tablet.
3. Hit the Settings icon to modify the video, audio settings for your source MKV files. You’d better set the video size as 1440*900, and 1500fbs video bitrate will be proper.
4. Click the convert button under the preview window to start the video conversion immediately.
After the conversion, reach the output video via clicking the Open button. Afterwards, it’s easy for you to transfer and play 720p/1080P MKV on Nook HD flawlessly.
Additional features of the Video Converter for Nook HD:
1. Trim, crop and add special effects to your videos
2. Merge multiple video files into one
3. Split the selected video file into required video clips
4. Perfect audio and video synchronization
5. 5-6X faster conversion speed with CUDA and AMD support
Get Nook HD hands-on reviews & movie playback tips
Get Kindle Fire HD full reviews and movie playback tips
Transfer AVI, MKV, MOV, TiVo, WMV, MTS, VOB to Nook Tablet
Convert 1080p videos to Nook HD with the best video/audio settings
Nook HD MKV files, does Nook HD support 1080p MKV, 720p MKV to Nook HD tablet, get MKV movies on Nook HD, Nook HD MKV Converter, add .mkv video to Nook HD, make all MKVs playable on Nook HD, MKV to Nook HD encoding, MKV in DTS audio to Nook HD, video settings for Nook HD, Nook HD video format, load MKV movies to Nook HD 7”, HD MKV to Nook HD