Convert AVCHD Camcorder MTS/M2TS Videos to iPhone 4 for Playing
- While more and more HD videos are recorded by AVCHD camcorders like Sony HDR-CX110, Sony HDR-XR520V, Sony Cyber-shot TX7, Canon Vixia FS10, JVC Everio GZ-HD10, we can enjoy high quality videos and images for special events sand memorial events on HDTV, computers and portable devices. The new Apple iPhone 4 is one of the devices for better visual experience on screen. However, there are limits on iPhone 4 to display the high-definition videos, as the camcorders videos could be 1080i/1080p in AVCHD format and iPhone only supports 720p MP4/MOV/M4V videos.
- What videos does iPhone 4 support?
Let's have a look at the formats supported by iPhone, and we here focus on file format and video size/resolution and frame rate.
- .m4v, .mp4, .mov file with H.264 video codec, up to 720p, 30 frames per second, and AAC stereo audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz.
- .m4v, .mp4, .mov file with MPEG-4 video codec, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, bit rates up to 2.5 Mbps, AAC stereo audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz.
- .avi file with Motion JPEG (M-JPEG) codec, 1280 by 720 pixels, 30 frames per second, bit rates up to 35 Mbps, PCM stereo audio in ulaw
- How to convert AVCHD to iPhone 4?
To bring the AVCHD camcorder .mts videos to iPhone 4, there shall be a file format conversion with video shrinking to 720p. Brorsoft MTS/M2TS Converter with the quick profile for iPhone 4 for the H.264 MP4 video at 720p and another profile for iPhone 4 MPEG-4 MP4 video at 640x480. It is easy to convert AVCHD to iPhone 4 with the least steps. Just follow the steps below:
- Step 1. Load AVCHD videos to Brorsoft MTS/M2TS Converter.
After capturing videos from camcorder and transferring the AVCHD .mts/.m2ts videos to computer hard drive, just run Brorsoft MTS/M2TS Converter as the AVCHD to iPhone 4 converter, and click the Add button to load AVCHD videos.
- Step 2. Choose iPhone 4 output format.
Click the Format option and move the mouse cursor to the iPhone group, you will find two iPhone 4 profiles ranking as #1 and #2 of the available profiles. For AVCHD camcorder videos to iPhone 4, it is recommended to choose iPhone 4 H.264 720P(*.mp4) as output format.
- Step 3. Convert AVCHD to iPhone 4 MP4.
Click the convert button under the preview window, and the program starts converting AVCHD videos to iPhone 4 MP4 at 720p. Just a while and put the output iPhone 4 720p videos to iTunes, and then sync videos to iPhone 4.
1. If you shoot video at the FIFA stadium with your AVCHD camcorder, you can also enjoy world cup 2010 on iPhone 4 after converting AVCHD to iPhone 4.
2. Brorsoft MTS/M2TS Converter, as AVCHD to iPhone 4 converter, can also help you merge and join mts and m2ts clips to one file for smooth video playback on iPhone 4. You can even edit AVCHD videos on the converter with trimming and cropping.