Convert and Trim Canon EOS 600D/Reble T3i H.264 Footage
- As an improved version of the EOS 550D, Canon EOS 600D(Reble T3i) boasts an 22.3x14.9mm (APS-C-size) CMOS imaging sensor and 14-bit Digic 4 image processor. It records Full HD(1920*1080) H.264 .MOV movies with frame rates of 30, 25 and 24fps. Moreover, when filming Full HD footage with the EOS 600D, Movie Digital Zoom can be used to magnify the centre of the sensor by 3-10x while maintaining Full HD quality.
- After shooting some footage on the 600D, you may want to edit the H.264 MOV footages in Final Cut Pro or iMovie. However, when searching on forums, we can find many users report abut the choppy output video from Final Cut Pro 6, importing problems to iMovie, etc. Luckily, Brorsoft Video Converter for Mac will help you get rid of such problems. It not only functions as a converter, but also performs as a H.264 MOV editor. Now, take trimming for instance, in the following article, I will show you how to Convert and trim EOS 600D/Reble T3i H.264 footage for Mac OS X like Snow Leopard, Leopard and Tiger.
- Preparation:Connect Canon EOS 600D to iMac/Mac Book with a USB cable or insert SD memory card to a card reader to import the H.264 MOV file to hard drive .
- Step 1: Import EOS 600D H.264 MOV footage to Brorsoft EOS 600D Converter for Mac.
Run the Brorsoft Video Converter program as the most comprehensive and professional H.264 1080p MOV converter and editor. Find the "Add" button on the up-left corner, by clicking it or dragging the video directly you can easily import H.264 MOV footage.
- Step 2: Choose MPEG-2 as the output format compatible with FCP or FCE.
Click the “Format” button, and move your mouse cursor to the drop-down list for choosing a output format. We recommend the “MPEG-2 (*.mov)” in the “Adobe Premiere/Sony Vegas” section as an editing software friendly format. Then, click the “Output” button to specify your output destination folder below.
- Step 3: Trim EOS 600D H.264 MOV footage before converting.
To start with, click the “Editor” button. In the new window, the H.264 MOV editor for Mac generates Original Preview and Output Preview for you. Then, find the “trim” tab, in the timeline, set the start time point and the end time point in the "start" and "end" boxes. And, finally click the “Ok” button to finish editing. You can also change your new clip length by clicking “Reset” button.
- Step 4: Start EOS 600D H.264 MOV footage conversion with trimming.
Click the big round “Convert” button to start conversion. The output file is the new video clip you want after trimming.
- Tip: Brorsoft EOS MOV Converter for Mac supports other functions as below:
It supports diverse video and audio formats including AVI, DIVX, WMV, WAV, MOV, MP4, MPG, DAT, FLV, VOB, TOD, MOD, MP3, OGG, etc. More brightly is this program support import the image formats like JPG, GIF (Graphics Interchange Format), PNG.
- It adopts advanced AV-sync conversion technology, which can perfectly convert videos without any out-of-sync problems.
Its “merge into one file” feature allows you merge or join many separate videos into a single playable file encoded to your preference.