- Panasonic SDR camcorder mainly contains SDR-H and SDR-S two series. Most Panasonic SDR series camcorders record videos in MOD MPEG-2 which is a standard definition video format. Here is a list of Panasonc SDR Camcorders which shoot videos in MOD format:
2010: SDR-S50 (SD/SDHC/SDXC card), SDR-T50P, SDR-T55P (SD/SDHC/SDXC card, internal flash), SDR-H85P (SD/SDHC/SDXC card, hard drive)
2009: SDR-S26 (SD/SDHC card)；SDR-SW21 (SD/SDHC card)
2008: SDR-SW20 (SD/SDHC card)；SDR-S7 (SD/SDHC card)；SDR-H20 (HDD, SD/SDHC card), SDR-H60 (HDD, SD/SDHC card)
- However, we oftern encount some problems about how to import Panasonic MOD files to MAC for further editing in iMovie, FCP or FCE, such as "I have a SDR S50 panasonic camcorder and can't seem to get the videos to download on my mac. Any suggestions?" Because some Panasonic SDR series camcorder are not compatible with Mac, and most of these Panasonic SDR Camcorders shoot videos in MOD format which is not compatible with Mac.
So what we should do is to convert Panasonic SDR MOD files to MOV compatible with iMovie, Quicktime, or FCP.
- Now, a professional Panasonic SDR MOD Converter for Mac is specially designed to convert MOD(MPEG-2) to MOV, MP4, AVI, DV, H.264, 3GP, 3G2, M4V, WMV, MKV, etc on Mac. This Mac MOD Video Converter not only support converting Panasonic SDR MOD files, but support simple editing such as cropping black edges, trimming video length, adding image or video as watermark and adding some special effects to the origianl video files, like brightness,contrast,saturation and audio Replace.
- Below is the step by step guide about how to convert Panasonic MOD to MOV for iMovie or FCP.
- Step 1. Import Panasonic SDR-SW20 MOD files to Brorsoft Mac MOD Converter. Install and run Brorsoft MOD Converter for Mac as the best Panasonic SDR MOD to MOV converter and then click “Add” button to load MOD files to be converted.
- Step 3. Start Panasonic SDR MOD to MOV Conversion.
Click the big convert button at the bottom right corner, you can start Panasonic SDR MOD to MOV Conversion. After converting, drag and import the output converted videos to iMovie or FCP.
Step 2. Choose MOV as the output video format for importing and editing in iMovie or FCP.
Click“Format” option and choose “Adobe Promiere/Sony Vegas”->MOV (AVC) (.*mov)” as the output video format. You can get the best video for iMovie by choosing this format.
1. This Brorsoft MOD Converter for Mac also supports MOD video files produced by other Panasonic camcorders, like SV-AV100, SDR-S100, SDR-S150, SDR-S10, SDR-H18, SDR-H200, SDR-H20, SDR-H60, SDR-S7, SDR-SW21, SDR-S26.
2. If you would like to get a video converter which can not only convert MOD files, but other video like AVCHD (Lite), TOD, MKV, TiVo, VRO, VOB, MPEG4, AIV, Brorsoft Video Converter for Mac is your best choice.