Convert/Stream HDR-XR160 1080/60p AVCHD MTS to PS3 on Mac OS X Lion
With the compact HDR-XR160 Handycam camcorder, you can take stunning 1920 x 1080 Full HD video. Also equipped with a massive 160GB hard disk drive, you can record and store up to 54 hours of high-definition video footage (HD LP mode). There's also a vibrant 3.0" touch-screen display lets you compose and view your shots. PS3, as the powerful HD video game console has been popular among us for years. Besides, it can also support playing HD video especially MP4 video files fluently. Some HDR-XR160 users have the intention to import/stream HDR-XR160 1080/60p AVCHD MTS to PS3 on Mac OS X Lion for playing.
- In fact, if you want to stream HDR-XR160 1080/60p AVCHD to PS3 for playing smoothly, you need to convert HDR-XR160 1080/60p AVCHD MTS to PS3 compatible format with the third party software. Here we introduce the best HDR-XR160 AVCHD to PS3 Converter for you, with which you can convert/transcode HDR-XR160 1080/60p AVCHD MTS to PS3 compatible format on Mac OS X Lion in a short time effortlessly.
- Preparation for convert HDR-XR160 1080/60p AVCHD to PS3 on Mac OS X Lion:
1. Software: the best HDR-XR160 AVCHD to PS3 Converter for Mac (Free for trial version)
2. Operating system: Mac OS X 10.5 or 10.5 above
- Guide: How to convert HDR-XR160 1080/60p AVCHD MTS to PS3 on Mac OS X Lion with the best HDR-XR160 AVCHD to PS3 Converter for Mac
Step 1: Import HDR-XR160 1080/60p AVCHD to the best HDR-XR160 AVCHD to PS3 Converter for Mac.
Use USB cable to connect HDR-XR160 to Mac. Launch HDR-XR160 AVCHD to PS3 Converter for Mac. Click the button for adding to import HDR-XR160 1080/60p AVCHD MTS to the best HDR-XR160 AVCHD to PS3 Converter for Mac. You can tick the box in front of the file you want to convert. If it is necessary, you can double click the each file to have a preview.
Tip: If you have multiple HDR-XR160 1080/60p MTS files, you can tick the “Merge into one” box to merge the HDR-XR160 MTS into one single file for FCE so that you can play these files without interruption.
- Step 2: Select an output format for PS3 and set the output folder.
Click on the dropdown menu of “Format” and then move you pointer to PSP/PS3 > PS3 Video (1080P) MPEG-4(*.mp4). Well, you can also choose PS3 Video (480P) MPEG-4(*.mp4), or the PS3 Video (720P) MPEG-4(*.mp4) from the sublist. The 1080p MP4 is the highly recommended format for PS3. Then you can set the output folder by clicking “Browse” icon as you need.
Note: You are also allowed to edit your HDR-XR160 1080/60p AVCHD MTS by click the “Edit” icon.
- Step 3: Click “Settings” icon to adjust the audio and video parameter.
Click the “Settings” icon and you will go into a new interface named “Profile Settings”. You can adjust codec, bit rate, frame rate, sample rate and audio channel in the interface according to your needs and optimize the output file quality.
Tip: You are free to set/adjust output MP4 files parameters including set Bit rate as 3000, Frame rate as original, Video Size as1920 * 1080 and keep stereo channel to make a good output quality.
- Step 4: Start converting your HDR-XR160 1080/60p AVCHD MTS to 1080p MP4 for PS3 on Mac OS X Lion.
Click the “Convert” button; it will convert HDR-XR160 1080/60p AVCHD MTS to PS3 on Mac OS X Lion immediately. You can find the process in the “Conversion” interface.
- After the HDR-XR160 1080/60p AVCHD MTS to 1080p MP4 for PS3 conversion, you will be able to get the output files for PS3 via clicking on “Open” button effortlessly. Now you can easily stream the converted HDR-XR160 1080/60p AVCHD MTS to PS3 with high-quality playback.
1.HDR-XR160 AVCHD to PS3 Converter for Mac is the best application for HDR-XR160 users because it not only can convert HDR-XR160 AVCHD MTS to PS3, but also can convert and transcode HDR-XR160 AVCHD to FCE, iMovie, FCP, Adobe Premiere Pro, Idvd, etc. video editing software or burning application freely. Please link to Brorsoft AVCHD MTS Converter for Mac. You can get more useful information.
- 2. As we know, PS3 doesn’t support importing the video more 4GB directly, so when the converted video files are larger than 4GB, now you have to apply the third party software- TVersity Media Server to stream the video files to PS3. Below is the step-by-step guide.
1. Uninstall ALL codec packs/standalone codecs that you might have on your computer.
2. Download Tversity here: http://tversity.com/download/
3. When it has the little check boxes at the end of the installation, check "Set up FFDSHOW Video codecs" (or something like that) In this screen make sure you click the check box next to "subtitles".
4. Install Tversity
5. Start the Server
6. Add all media folders to the library and let it process...this takes quite a long time the first time you do it.
7. Now if you're connected to the PS3 correctly, you should be able to find and view your video, audio, and mp3 files.