How to convert VC-1 encoded Blu-ray movies to iPad 2 on Mac
- Have you watched the recent released movies like Inception, The Mummy Trilogy, Life, etc. Do you know about them? Yes, they are VC-1 encoded Blu-ray movies. And if you want to watch these movies on your iPad 2, now you need the help of a useful Mac VC-1 to iPad 2 software which can help you rip VC-1 Blu-ray movies to iPad 2 on your Mac.
- Before show you a detailed guide on how to convert VC-1 encoded Blu-ray movies to iPad 2 on Mac, first let’s learn about VC-1. What is VC-1? VC-1 is the informal name of the SMPTE 421M video codec standard. It is today a widely supported standard found in Blu-ray Discs, HD DVDs and Slingbox.
- Tools for converting VC-1 encoded Blu-ray movies to iPad 2 on Mac:
1. A VC-1 to iPad 2 software for Mac
2. A Mac laptop or desktop running Mac OS X with Intel inside
3. A Mac compatible external Blu-ray Disc drive
4. iTunes 10 or above
- Before the detailed steps, what you should do first is that free download the best Mac VC-1 to iPad 2 converter— Brorsoft Blu-ray Ripper for Mac and install it.
- Now the following is the detailed guide for VC-1 to iPad 2 conversion on Mac.
- Step 1: Load VC-1 encoded Blu-ray movie files
Click on the icon like a disc, and then load the VC-1 encoded Blu-ray movies that you want to convert to iPad 2.
- Step 2: Select an output format for iPad 2 and set the output files for the VC-1 encoded Blu-ray movies.
Click on the dropdown menu of “Format” and then click on “iPad”, and then choose the format you wish which is compatible with iPad 2. Here we set the iPad Video H.264(*.mp4) as an example.
Afterward, you can set the output files by clicking “Browse” icon as you need.
- Step 3: Step 3: Click “Settings” icon to adjust audio and video parameters.
You can adjust codec, aspect ratio, bit rate, frame rate, sample rate and audio channel in the interface to optimize the output file quality.
Tips: According to your need, you can also set the Subtitles and Audio via clicking the “Subtitles” and “Audio” icons.
- Step 4: Start converting VC-1 to iPad 2 on Mac.
Click the “Convert” icon to start the VC-1 encoded Blu-ray movies to iPad 2 conversionon Mac.
Once the VC-1 to iPad 2 conversion is finished, click on the “Open” icon
to get the output files for iPad 2 effortlessly. Afterward, you need to do is that connect your iPad 2 to your Mac, and sync the files to iPad 2 via iTunes. Now you can enjoy your movies on iPad 2 comfortably.
If you do not know how to sync the files on Mac to iPad 2 via iTunes, you can refer to How to add videos or movies on Mac to iPad 2?