- 1. What is AVCHD (MTS/M2TS)?
AVCHD (MTS/M2TS) utilizes MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 (AVC) video compression codec and either Dolby AC-3 (Dolby Digital) or linear PCM audio compression codec. AVCHD format is usually used by Canon, Panasonic, JVC, Sony, Hitachi camcorders like: Canon HF S11, Hitachi DZ-BD10HA, JVC GZ-X900, Panasonic AG-HMC40, Sony HDR-CX520E, NXCAM, etc. The AVCHD file extension may be .M2TS, .M2T, .MTS, etc.
- 2. How to edit AVCHD （MTS/M2TS）video files on Mac?
Brorsoft MTS/M2TS Converter for Mac not only gives you a great way to convert MTS/M2TS to any other popular video/audio formats on Mac without losing quality, but also let you easily do many editing jobs like trim, crop, effect, deinterlace, rotate, etc. Just like a magic. Now let’s process it.
- Free Download Mac MTS/M2TS Converter and install it.
- Step 1: Launch Mac MTS/M2TS Converter; import your AVCHD (MTS/M2TS) videos into the program.
- Step 2: Click “Edit” into a new window to do the follow editing jobs.
- (1). How to trim off AVCHD (MTS/M2TS) video files?
Do you only want to convert some clips from a video movie? Please click the Trim icon to capture a clip. In the Trim window, you can trim the length of the current video by dragging the Start Time and End Time sliders or set the exact time data in the bottom, then click “Set” to fix the start and end location. Reset button means to remove all the trimming effects.
- (2). How to crop AVCHD (MTS/M2TS) video size?
You are allowed to crop your AVCHD (MTS/M2TS) videos to remove the black edges around your movie video, so you can watch your movies on your portable players in full screen. Just as converting 4:3 videos to 16:9.
- Note: Keep Original Aspect Ratio function.
Once checked this function, the converted or output files played in your media players will keep the aspect ratio of the cropped area and not be stretched. You’d better check it, if you don’t like your video becoming some or less stretched.
- (3). How to add watermark/logo to your AVCHD (MTS/M2TS) files?
You have the choice to add three kinds of watermark to your AVCHD (MTS/M2TS) files like: Image/Video Watermark and Test Watermark. Please remember to check “Enable” before adding watermark. In Test Watermark, you can select text font, effect, color, style, size.
- (4). How to flip or rotate AVCHD (MTS/M2TS) files on Mac?
Recoded videos sideways with your digital camera, realized the videos was taken holding the camera vertically, or others. Don’t worry, just click Vertical or Horizontal Flip button in the new interface to rotate the videos at an angle by 90, 180, 270 degrees and get correct one. You could see the effect in the right preview screen.
- (5). How to replace audio of your AVCHD (MTS/M2TS) video files?
Don’t want original audio in the video, want to load other audio to replace it, or want to add background music to your video, just click Audio Replace icon, then check “Enable” to load the audio from your computer.
- (6). How to adjust effect of the AVCHD (MTS/M2TS) videos?
You can adjust the video effects by adjusting the following parameters:
* Brightness: Drag the Brightness adjustment slider to set the brightness of the video.
* Contrast: Drag the Contrast adjustment slider to set the contrast of the video.
* Saturation: Drag the Saturation adjustment slider to set the saturation of the video.
* Volume: Drag the Volume adjustment slider to set the volume of the audio.
* Effect: Select a special effect from the Effect drop-down list for the video. The available choices are None (No effect), Simple Laplacian Sharpen, Gray, Flip Color, Invert, Aged Film, Simple Gauss Blur.
* Simple Gauss Blur: If your video have some image noises, you can select it to remove them.
* Deinterlacing: Check to remove interlace from your videos.
- Step 3:If all your editing jobs are completed, please click “OK”, then please select output format and click “Convert” to get your DIY videos. After the conversion, click “Open” in the main interface to check now.
With Brorsoft MTS/M2TS converter for Mac, just convert all your AVCHD (MTS/M2TS) files as your like on Mac, from now on, to enjoy DIY digital life becomes so easy!
- Note: All the products for Mac and Windows (except YouTube Converter and three free softwares) in our website have the same editing functions and similar operating steps, so just feel free to read this guide and edit your videos on Mac using Brorsoft products.
How to Edit AVCHD（MTS/M2TS）Video Files on Mac?