- Sony Handycam HDR-TG3E is a super small camera with full HD recording on Memory Stick in 2008. It includes 4GB and 10x optical zoom for capturing 1920x1080 and 1440x1080 videos. However, this camera does not include progressive recording mode,which indicates that the HD videos are 1080i. Even though it is compact camera, the audio is recorded in Dolby Digital 5.1ch. You can also take 2.3Mp stills while you are recording video footage.
- Sony HDR-TG3E features:
- 1920x1080i HD video recording
- 4 megapixel still photo recording
- Dual Rec simultaneous 2.3 megapixel still photo during video recording
- Handy face detection
- Carl Zeiss Vario-Tessar lens
- ClearVid CMOS Sensor and Exmor derived technology
- Videos from Sony HDR-TG3E:
- High Definition: AVCHD (1920 x 1080, 1440 x 1080) in .mts filename extension
- Standard Definition: MPEG2 in .mpg filename extension
- HD: FH (1920x1080i, 16Mbps) / HQ (9Mbps) / SP (7Mbps) / LP (5Mbps)
- SD: HQ (9Mbps) / SP (6Mbps) / LP (3Mbps)
Transfer & Edit Sony HDR-TG3 AVCHD videos:
- For Mac users:
You can capture and transfer Sony HDR-TG3 1080i videos to iMac/MacBook Pro via iMovie after connecting camera to computer with USB cable. However, you may face problem when trying to log and transfer AVCHD videos from Sony Handycam HDR-
TG3E to Final Cut Express (FCE) 4 or Final Cut Pro (FCP) 5. After transferring HD .mts videos from camera to computer hard drive, just run Brorsoft MTS/M2TS Converter for Mac as the Mac Sony HDR-TG3 MTS converter to deinterlace .mts videos and
convert .mts to .mov for FCE and FCP, if you want to edit HD videos.
- Alternative way to transfer HDR TG3 videos for Mac and PC:
Just connect HDR TG3 pocket camera to computer via the USB cable, and the HDR TG3 will display as a hard drive on computer. Navigate to the HDR TG3 hard drive to access the memory stick.
Tips: Sony Handycam HDR-TG3E is the model for Europe, and Sony Handycam HDR-TG1 is the model for US.