Convert MKV to Apple ProRes for FCP on Mac OS X- Edit MKV in FCP
Q: I got some .mkv files stored on my mac computer, and I wanna import them to video editor FCP for editing. But the editor seems that can not recognize the .mkv files. Who guys can give me some suggestion?
- From above words, we can find that the FCP user tried to edit MKV files in FCP, but he noticed that FCP cannot handle MKV format. We guess some other users would met the similar trouble, thus, we give you the solution here.
- First of all, let’s learn more about MKV format. MKV is a video and audio container format. Being different from other video formats, MKV could integrate various video and audio tracks into one file while most of other formats could only handle one single video and audio stream. It means that a MKV file would contain many media streams including several audios and subtitles, just like an image of DVD or Blu-ray movie, in which you can select different language which you want to hear and read.
- We had to tell you that when you intend to edit MKV in FCP, convert/transcode MKV to Apple ProRes for FCP on Mac OS X will the best and the only choice for you. For the reason that FCP couldn't read MKV as its native video format is Apple ProRes. Native format means that when using this format, one can easily import the video files into FCP without Rendering, if not, FCP will not be able to recognize the movies or spend too much on the process of rendering.
- The best MKV to FCP Converter for Mac can help transcode MKV files to FCP native video format Apple ProRes on Mac OS X at super fast speed. Besides, this MKV to FCP Converter for Mac will support you to choose the exact audio and subtitle you want or need to convert. So, this MKV to FCP Converter for Mac is your best choice. Follow the guide.
- Guide: How to convert MKV to Apple ProRes for FCP on Mac OS X with the best MKV to FCP Converter for Mac.
- Step 1: Import MKV to the best MKV to FCP Converter for Mac.
Launch the best MKV to FCP Converter for Mac Click the button “File” to add MKV files to the MKV to FCP Converter for Mac. If it is necessary, you can double click the each file to have a preview.
Tips: 1. If you wanna merge several MKV files into single one for FCP, just check the “Merge into one” box.
2. Tick the “Subtitles”, “Audio” and “Video” options, and from each option, you can freely select your preferred subtitles, video stream, and audio track.
- Step 2: Select Apple ProRes as the output format for FCP and set the output folder.
Click on the “Format” and get the dropdown menu, then move you pointer to “Final Cut Pro”. Under the sublist there are a few formats which are all compatible with FCP. Here we recommend the Apple PreRes 422(HQ) if you give the priority to the quality of the converted videos for importing MKV to FCP keeping high quality. Then you can set the output folder by clicking “Browse” icon as you need.
Note: If you want the files to be in smaller size, you can follow Final Cut Pro>Apple ProRes 422(LT)(*mov)/Apple ProRes 422(*mov) option. If your files size is at SD levels, you are advised to choose Final Cut Pro>Apple ProRes 422(Proxy)(*mov), which is recommended for 480i/p and 576i/p shootings as well.
- Step 3: Click “Settings” icon to adjust audio and video parameters.
Click the “Settings” icon and you will go into a new interface named “Profile Settings”. You can adjust codec, bit rate, frame rate, sample rate and audio channel in the interface according to your needs and optimize the output file quality.
Note: You’d better set the video frame rate as 30fps, video size as 1920*1080 to keep the best quality for editing in FCP.
- Step 4: Start converting your MKV to Apple ProRes for FCP on Mac OS X.
Click the “Convert” button; it will convert MKV to Apple ProRes for FCP on Mac OS X immediately. You can find the process in the “Conversion” interface.
- After the MKV to Apple ProRes for FCP on Mac OS X conversion, you will be able to get the output files for FCP via clicking on “Open” button effortlessly. Now you can import the MKV to FCP and edit the MKV files in FCP without any trouble keeping high quality.
1. This professional MKV to FCP Converter for Mac can also help you convert MKV to iMovie, iDVD, and other video editors effortlessly. You can get more information from Brorsoft MKV to FCP Converter for Mac.
2. Well, if you wanna convert other videos like AVI, FLV, WMV, or some other camcorder videos like MOD, TOD, MTS to FCP on Mac, you can choose Brorsoft Video Converter for Mac.