Convert/Transcode Sony SLT A77 AVCHD 1080/60p MTS/M2TS to ProRes for FCP
Sony SLT A77, after a long time of waiting, has finally come up and successfully caught everyone’s eyes as one of the most fascinating new camera introductions of 2011. It impresses the photographers and shutterbugs with numberless amazing features, including a newly developed Exmor? APS HD CMOS sensor with 24.3 effective megapixel resolution, the world's first XGA OLED Tru-Finder? viewfinder, 12fps full-resolution shooting and the highest resolution EVF, etc. All of these make Sony SLT A77 the first choice for Sony lovers.
- Also another unforgettable feature is the Full HD 1080/60p recording with autofocus, which help all its users to record their beautiful memories clearly and vividly. But the HD experience also brings a problem to the users who want to edit Sony SLT A77 AVCHD 1080/60p MTS/M2TS in FCP, since FCP can not support 1080/60p files. So the first problem they have to solve is how to convert Sony SLT A77 AVCHD 1080/60p MTS/M2TS to ProRes with 30fps so that the users can import Sony SLT A77 AVCHD 1080/60p MTS/M2TS to FCP for editing.
- Here recommended the best Sony SLT A77 AVCHD 1080/60p MTS/M2TS to ProRes Converter. It can not only do the conversion from Sony SLT A77 AVCHD 1080/60p MTS/M2TS to ProRes for FCP, but also is equipped with some simple editing features, such as merging several videos into one file, deinterlacing the original footages, cropping video size, trimming video clips, adding special effects and text/image/video watermarks to output videos, thus it will be on the top of your list. Before you try to do the conversion, if you are also a FCP X user, please make sure that you have installed the Apple ProRes Codec manually since the FCP X asks users to install it by themselves.
- Now let’s start with the step-by-step guide on how to transcode Sony SLT A77 AVCHD 1080/60p MTS/M2TS to ProRes and then import the converted videos for editing in Final Cut Pro.
- Step1: Import Sony SLT A77 AVCHD 1080/60p MTS/M2TS to the top Sony SLT A77 AVCHD 1080/60p MTS/M2TS to Apple ProRes Converter for Mac.
Connect your Sony SLT A77 to your Apple with USB2.0. Launch Sony SLT A77 AVCHD 1080/60p MTS/M2TS to Apple ProRes Converter for Mac and then click the adding button to import your AVCHD 1080/60p MTS/M2TS files. You can tick the box in front of the file you want to convert.
Tip: If you have multiple Sony SLT A77 AVCHD 1080/60p MTS/M2TS files, you can select the “Merge into one” box to merge the Sony SLT A77 AVCHD 1080/60p MTS/M2TS files into one single file for FCP so that you can play these files without interruption.
- Step 2: Select an output format for FCP and set the output folder.
Click on the “Format” and get the dropdown menu, then move you pointer to “Final Cut Pro”. Under the sub list are there a few formats which are all compatible with FCP. Here we recommend the Apple PreRes 422(HQ) if you give the priority to the quality of the converted videos. Then you can set the output folder by clicking “Browse” icon as you need.
Note: If you want the files to be in smaller size, you can follow Final Cut Pro>Apple ProRes 422(LT)(*mov)/Apple ProRes 422(*mov) option. If your files size is at SD levels, you are advised to choose Final Cut Pro>Apple ProRes 422(Proxy)(*mov), which is recommended for 480i/p and 576i/p shootings as well.
- Step 3: Click “Settings” icon to adjust audio and video parameters.
Click the “Settings” icon and you will go into a new interface named “Profile Settings”. You can adjust codec, bit rate, frame rate, sample rate and audio channel in the interface according to your needs and optimize the output file quality.
Note 1: You’d better set the video frame rate as 30fps, video size as 1920*1080 to keep the best quality for editing in Final Cut Pro. If you want to have a smaller file size but keep the good quality, you can change the video size to 1440*1080.
Note 2: If you have to import Sony SLT A77 1080/50p MTS/M2TS to FCP for editing, you have to convert/transcode Sony SLT A77 AVCHD 1080/50p MTS/M2TS to ProRes with 25fps as the Frame Rate and 1920*1080 as Video Size.
- Step 4: Start converting your Sony SLT A77 1080/60p MTS/M2TS files to Apple ProRes for FCP.
Click the “Convert” button; it will convert Sony SLT A77 1080/60p MTS/M2TS to ProRes for FCP on Mac immediately. You can find the process in the “Conversion” interface.
- When the Sony SLT A77 1080/60p MTS/M2TS to ProRes conversion process is perfectly completed, you will be able to get the output files for Final Cut Pro by clicking on “Open” button effortlessly. Now you can easily import the converted and/or merged Sony SLT A77 AVCHD 1080/60p MTS/M2TS with 30fps to Final Cut Pro for editing with high quality without any trouble.
1. To get more tips for other Sony camcorders and cameras, you can refer to Sony video camera Tips and Tricks that will do you a favor.
- 2. If you are interested in converting files of other formats or enjoying DVDs and BDs on your portable devices, please link to Brorsoft iMedia Converter for Mac to get more information.