Convert/Rip/Sync Blu-ray to Apple TV with AC3 5.1 surround sound on Mac OS X Lion
Do you want to convert Blu-ray to Apple TV for enjoyment anytime anywhere? Here we recommend the best Mac Blu-ray to Apple TV Converter to rip Blu-ray to Apple TV with AC3 5.1 surround sound on Mac for playing, and the plug in your Apple TV can simply start the enjoyment.
- You may ask the reason why convert Blu-ray to Apple TV; why not watch Blu-ray on Mac simply. As a matter of fact, there are at least four benefits certainly. We list them as below:
- Firstly, as we know, Blu-ray discs are easy to break, but a digital copy is safe and permanent, even if the data get lost, you can find methods to recover.
Secondly, ripping Blu-ray to Apple TV will protect the expensive Blu-ray discs from scratches or attrition.
Thirdly, as we know, there are some limitations for commercial Blu-ray discs that they could be Region A, B and C, and not a BD player will read full region Blu-ray discs. So ripping Blu-ray to Apple TV solves the problem of BD region code restriction.
Fourthly, ripping Blu-ray to Apple TV will bring you so much convenience that you’ll no longer need to hunt for a movie in hundreds of Blu-ray discs, in contrast, you can easily find and play the movie on the bed with a remote control in hand.
- Preparation for converting/ripping Blu-ray to Apple TV on OS X Lion:
1. Software: the professional Mac Blu-ray to Apple TV Converter (Free download trial version)
2. Equipment: Blu-ray disc and BD drive
- Guide: step-by-step guide on how to rip Blu-ray to Apple TV with AC3 5.1 surround sound on Mac OS X Lion with the top Mac Blu-ray to Apple TV Converter
- Step 1: Import Blu-ray movie to Mac Blu-ray to Apple TV Converter.
Launch Mac Blu-ray to Apple TV Converter, and click the button like a disc to add Blu-ray to the best Mac Blu-ray to Apple TV Converter. You can tick the box in front of the file you want to rip. If necessary, you can double click the each file to have a preview.
- Step 2: Select an output format for Apple TV and set the output folder.
Click on the dropdown menu of “Format” and then move your pointer to “HD video > “H.264 HD Video (*.mp4)” which is the compatible format for Apple TV. You can also choose the format from the “Apple TV” sublist. Here we recommend you to choose H.264 HD Video for you can set the AC3 5.1 surround sound. Then you can set the output folder by clicking “Browse” icon as you need.
Tips: If you wanna edit Blu-ray movie, you can click the “Edit” icon to edit, like cropping, trimming, adding watermark effect, deinterlacing, merging, rotating and more.
- Step 3: Click “Settings” icon to adjust audio and video parameters.
Click the “Settings” icon and you will go into a new interface named “Profile Settings”. You can adjust codec, aspect ratio, bit rate, frame rate, sample rate and audio channel in the interface according to your needs and optimize the output file quality.
Note: Optimal settings for Apple TV should be set as Video Size: 1280*720, Video Bitrate: 4000kbps at highest quality, Video Frame rate: 24fps or 30fps, Audio codec: ac3, Audio Sampling rate: 48000hz, Audio Bitrate: 160kbps, Audio Channels: 5.1Channels.
- Step 4: Start converting Blu-ray to H.264 HD Video for Apple TV on Mac OS X Lion.
Click the “Convert” icon, the Blu-ray to Apple TV on Mac OS X Lion conversion will start immediately. You can follow the converting process in the “Conversion” interface.
- After the conversion from Blu-ray to H.264 HD Video for Apple TV on Mac OS X Lion, you can get the output files for your Apple TV via clicking on “Open” button effortlessly. Now you can sync the converted Blu-ray to Apple TV via iTunes.
If you wanna convert other video to Apple TV on Mac for enjoyment or convenience, or even you do not master the exact methods of how to sync video to Apple TV via iTunes on Mac, you can link to Connect Apple TV to Mac OS X Lion— Sync video from iTunes to Apple TV which will do you a favor.