Convert/Transcode Sony SLT-A77 AVCHD 1080p MTS/M2TS files to iMovie on Mac
Sony SLT-A77 (α77) is designed with many amazing features that advanced amateurs and photo enthusiasts need, including Blazing speed, enhanced image quality, high resolution and incredible performance. Specifically, it features a new 24MP APS-C CMOS sensor, 12fps full-resolution shooting and the highest resolution EVF we've ever encountered (a 2.4M dot OLED finder). It also uses a new 19-point AF sensor, 11 points of which are cross-type (sensitive to detail in both the vertical and horizontal axis). Clever use of the main sensor's live view allows the A77 to track objects as they move across the frame, enabling the camera to have a better understanding of which AF point it should be using at any given time.
- Besides that, it can also help you capture high-quality AVCHD video that looks great on your HDTV at Full HD 1920 x 1080 resolution. It can help you record your beautiful memories clearly and vividly. But if you want to edit Sony SLT-A77 AVCHD 1080p MTS/M2TS in iMovie, you will meet with a problem since iMovie can not support AVCHD files unless you import them directly from your Sony SLT-A77 and the files are required to be recorded at 24/25 fps. So the first problem you have to solve is how to convert Sony SLT-A77 AVCHD 1080p MTS/M2TS to AIC, the codec which is specially designed for editing with iMovie.
After the AVCHD to AIC conversion, you can import your Sony SLT-A77 AVCHD 1080p MTS/M2TS files to iMovie for editing.
- Here recommend the best Sony SLT-A77 AVCHD 1080p MTS/M2TS files to AIC Converter for Mac, which is also proved to be compatible with Mac OS Lion. It can not only do the conversion from the Sony SLT-A77 AVCHD 1080p MTS/M2TS files to AIC, but also equipped with some simple editing features, such as merging several videos into one file, deinterlacing the original footages, cropping video size, trimming video clips, adding special effects and text/image/video watermarks to output videos, thus it will be on the top of your list.
- Now let’s start with the step-by-step guide on how to transcode convert Sony SLT-A77 AVCHD 1080p MTS/M2TS files to Apple InterMediate Codec and then import the converted videos for editing in iMovie on Mac OS Lion.
- Step1: Import Sony SLT-A77 1080p MTS/M2TS files to the top Sony SLT-A77 AVCHD 1080p MTS/M2TS to AIC Converter for Mac.
Connect the Sony SLT-A77 to your Apple with USB2.0. Launch AVCHD 1080p MTS/M2TS to AIC Converter for Mac and then click the adding button to import your 1080p MTS/M2TS files. You can tick the box in front of the file you want to convert. If your MTS/M2TS have already been transferred to your Apple hard drive, you can easily drag them to the best MTS/M2TS to AIC Converter.
Tip: If you have multiple 1080p MTS/M2TS files, you can select the “Merge into one” box to merge them into one single file for iMovie so that you can play these files without interruption.
- Step2: Select an output format for iMovie and set the output folder.
Click on the “Format” and you will get a dropdown menu. Move you pointer to iMovie and Final Cut Express > Apple Intermediate Codec(AIC) (*.mov). The Apple Intermediate Codec(AIC) is the compatible format for iMovie and FCE. Then you can set the output folder by clicking “Browse” icon as you need.
- Step 3: Click on the “Settings” icon to adjust audio and video parameters.
Click the “Settings” icon and you will go into a new interface named “Profile Settings”. You can adjust codec, bit rate, frame rate, sample rate and audio channel in the interface according to your needs and optimize the output file quality.
Note: Set the video frame rate as 30fps, video size as 1920*1080 and keep 5.1 channels to keep the best quality for editing in iMovie.
- Step4: Start converting/transcoding your Sony SLT-A77 AVCHD 1080p MTS/M2TS files to iMovie with 30fps and 5.1 channels.
Click the “Convert” button; it will convert/transcode Sony SLT-A77 AVCHD 1080p MTS/M2TS to AIC for iMovie on Mac immediately. You can find the process in the “Conversion” interface.
- After the Sony SLT-A77 AVCHD 1080p MTS/M2TS to iMovie conversion, you will be able to get the output files compatible iMovie via clicking on “Import” button effortlessly. Now you can easily import the converted Sony SLT-A77 AVCHD 1080p MTS/M2TS files to iMovie for editing with high quality without any trouble.
1: The best Sony SLT-A77 AVCHD 1080p MTS/M2TS to AIC Converter also allows you to transcode 1080p MTS/M2TS files to FCE, FCP, Avid Media Composer, etc. You can link to Brorsoft MTS Converter for Mac to get more information.
- 2. To get more tips for other Sony camcorders and cameras, you can refer to Sony video camera Tips and Tricks that will do you a favor.
- 3: If you are interested in converting files of other formats or enjoying DVDs and BDs on your portable devices, please link to Brorsoft iMedia Converter for Mac to get more information.