Convert/Transcode Sony SLT-A65 AVCHD 1080p MTS/M2TS files to Apple ProRes for FCP X on Mac OS Lion
Sony SLT-A65, along with the long-waited Sony SLT-A77, impresses us with its blazing speed, a newly developed Exmor? APS HD CMOS sensor with 24.3 effective megapixel resolution which can provide us with enhanced image quality, high resolution and incredible performance, and the world's first XGA OLED Tru-Finder? viewfinder. It is proved to be the fastest, most responsive interchangeable lens cameras in its class, as well as set new performance benchmarks that even professional DSLRs have yet to achieve.
- In addition, Sony SLT-A65 1920x1080 recording is another feature that grab our attention. With its transfer rate of 28 Mbps, 1080p recording conveys about twice the information of 1080i (interlace) recording. So it makes you preserve your precious memories with the highest quality. But while you enjoy the high-quality of the videos and try to import your Sony SLT-A65 AVCHD 1080p MTS/M2TS files to FCP X, you will find that Final Cut Pro, including FCP X, can not support the AVCHD 1080p files perfectly, especially the ones which have been stored in your hard disk drive. So if you want to edit the files with FCP X on Mac, the first step has to be converting your Sony SLT-A65 1080p MTS/M2TS files to Apple ProRes for FCP X. The ProRes is specially designed for editing with Final Cut Pro, including FCP X.
- Here recommended the best Sony SLT-A65 AVCHD 1080p MTS/M2TS files to ProRes Converter, which is also compatible with Mac OS Lion. It can help you transcode your 1080p MTS/M2TS files to ProRes more easily and quicker that other converters do. Besides that, it is equipped with some simple but useful editing features, such as merging several videos into one file, deinterlacing the original footages, cropping video size, trimming video clips, adding special effects and text/image/video watermarks to output videos, thus it will be on the top of your list. Before you try to do the conversion, if you are also a FCP X user, please make sure that you have installed the Apple ProRes Codec manually since the FCP X asks users to install it by themselves.
- Here goes the step-by-step guide on how to Sony SLT-A65 AVCHD 1080p MTS/M2TS to ProRes for FCP X, then import the converted videos to FCP X.
- Step1: Import Sony SLT-A65 AVCHD 1080p MTS/M2TS files to the top Sony SLT-A65 AVCHD to ProRes Converter for Mac.
Connect your Sony SLT-A65 to your Apple with USB2.0. Launch the AVCHD to Apple ProRes Converter for Mac and then click the adding button to import your AVCHD 1080p MTS/M2TS files. You can tick the box in front of the file you want to convert.
Tip: If you have multiple Sony SLT-A65 AVCHD 1080p MTS/M2TS files, you can select the “Merge into one” box to merge the files into one single file for FCP so that you can play these files without interruption.
- Step 2: Select an output format for FCP and set the output folder.
Click on the “Format” and get the dropdown menu, then move you pointer to “Final Cut Pro”. Under the sub list are there a few formats which are all compatible with FCP. Here we recommend the Apple PreRes 422(HQ) if you give the priority to the quality of the converted videos. Then you can set the output folder by clicking “Browse” icon as you need.
Note: If you want the files to be in smaller size, you can follow Final Cut Pro>Apple ProRes 422(LT)(*mov)/Apple ProRes 422(*mov) option. If your files size is at SD levels, you are advised to choose Final Cut Pro>Apple ProRes 422(Proxy)(*mov), which is recommended for 480i/p and 576i/p shootings as well.
- Step 3: Click “Settings” icon to adjust audio and video parameters.
Click the “Settings” icon and you will go into a new interface named “Profile Settings”. You can adjust codec, bit rate, frame rate, sample rate and audio channel in the interface according to your needs and optimize the output file quality.
Note: You’d better set the video frame rate as 30fps, video size as 1920*1080 to keep the best quality for editing in Final Cut Pro. If you want to have a smaller file size but keep the good quality, you can change the video size to 1440*1080.
- Step 4: Start converting your Sony SLT-A65 1080p MTS/M2TS files to Apple ProRes for FCP X.
Click the “Convert” button; it will transcode Sony SLT-A65 1080p MTS/M2TS to ProRes for FCP X on Mac OS Lion immediately. You can find the process in the “Conversion” interface.
- When the Sony SLT-A65 1080p MTS/M2TS to ProRes conversion process is perfectly completed, you will be able to get the output files for FCP by clicking on “Import” button effortlessly. Now you can easily import the converted and/or merged Sony SLT-A65 AVCHD 1080p MTS/M2TS with 30fps to Final Cut Pro X for editing with high quality without any trouble.
1. To get more tricks and tips for other Sony camcorders and cameras, you can refer to Sony video camera Tips and Tricks that will do you a favor.
- 2. If you are interested in converting files of other formats or enjoying DVDs and BDs on your portable devices, please link to Brorsoft iMedia Converter for Mac to get more information.
- 3. Since Christmas is coming, Brorsoft Company has prepared many surprising gift for you. Please go to Brorsoft Christmas Special Promotion and select what you want.