Convert AVCHD MTS/M2TS to MOV for editing in FCP
What is the format MTS/M2TS?
The camera or camcorder users are definitely familiar with the two words. The MTS/M2TS both file extensions for the high definition digital video camera recorder format--- AVCHD, which is the abbreviation of Advanced Video Codec High Definition and was jointly established by Sony Corporation and Panasonic Corporation in 2006 for use in their digital tapeless camcorders. So obviously, the Sony and Panasonic users always get the videos in this format. The AVCHD format always records videos with the MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 video codec, and audio in Dolby AC-3. AVCHD also contains menu navigation, slide shows and subtitles. The menu navigation allows access to individual videos from a common intro screen, the slide shows consists of a sequence of AVC still frames accompanied by background audio track, and the subtitles are used to timestamp recordings.
- With an increasing number of people who are using the cameras or camcorders taking videos in AVCHD format, many editing soft wares, FCP for an example, are trying to develop the capability to support the MTS/M2TS format, but there always exist some problems during the transferring or editing process. We strongly recommend you to convert your MTS/M2TS files to MOV format, which is perfectly supported by the FCP, and then you can edit your favorite videos in FCP effortlessly.
- Then the problem goes to: How could we convert the AVCHD MTS/M2TS to MOV. It's not much to be particular about if you have found the top MTS/M2TS to MOV Converter. Here are the step-by-step guide about how to convert/transcode your AVCHD MTS/M2TS formats to MOV for editing in FCP.
- Before the conversion, you should prepare:
1) the MTS/M2TS to MOV Converter(Free for trial version)
2) a Mac with 1G Hz or above Intel processor and Mac OS X 10.5 or 10.5 above (including Mac OS X v10.5 Leopard, v10.6 Snow Leopard and Mac OS X 10.7 Lion)
- Now the conversion starts:
Step 1: Import your MTS/M2TS files to the best MTS/M2TS to MOV Converter for Mac.
Launch the MTS/M2TS to MOV Converter. Click the button for adding to import the MTS/M2TS files to the best MTS/M2TS to MOV Converter. You can tick the box in front of the file you want to convert. If it is necessary, you can double click the each file to have a preview or get the screen shots as you like by clicking the “Capture”.
Tip 1: If you have multiple MTS files, you can tick the “Merge into one” box to combine the MTS /M2TS into one single file so that you can play these files without interruption.
Tip 2: If you want to do the batch conversion, you just need to add all the MTS/M2TS files to the MTS/M2TS to MOV Converter for Mac and then follow the steps listed below.
- Step2: Select an output format for MOV and set the output folder.
Click on the “Format” and you will get a drop down menu. Move you pointer to “Final Cut Pro”, and you will find there are a few formats which are all compatible with Final Cut Pro under the sub list. Here we recommend “Apple ProRes 422(HQ) (*.mov)”, if taking the high quality as the priority. Then you can set the output folder by clicking “Browse” icon as you need.
Note: If you want the files be in smaller size, you may need to follow Final Cut Pro>Apple ProRes 422(LT) (*mov) option. If the quality of your MTS/M2TS files is at SD levels, you are advised to choose Final Cut Pro>Apple ProRes 422(Proxy) (*mov), which is recommended for 480i/p and 576i/p shootings as well.
- Step 3: Click “Settings” button to adjust the audio and video parameters.
Click the “Settings” and you will go to a new interface named “Profile Settings”. You can adjust codec, bit rate, frame rate, sample rate and audio channel in the interface as you like as well as optimize the output file quality.
Note: You'd better set the video frame rate as 30fps, video size as 1920*1080 to keep the best quality for editing in Final Cut Pro. If you aim at having a smaller file size but keeping the good quality, you can change the video size to 1440*1080.
- Step 4: Start converting your MTS/M2TS files to MOV on Mac.
Click the “Convert” button; it will convert AVCHD MTS/M2TS to MOV immediately. You can find the process in the “Conversion” interface.
- After the MTS/M2TS to MOV conversion, you can absolutely add the converted files to your FCP and via clicking on “Open” button effortlessly. With the professional soft ware, you can
The professional MTS/M2TS to MOV Converter is the best application for Camera/Camcorder users for the reason that it not only can convert MTS/M2TS to MOV for editing in FCP, but also can convert and transcode MTS/M2TS files to other video editing software freely, such as FCE, iMovie, Adobe Premiere, etc.. Please link to Brorsoft. MTS/M2TS to MOV Converter for Mac. You can get more useful information.