Convert/Transcode Sony NEX-5N AVCHD 1080p MTS/M2TS to ProRes for FCP on Mac OS Lion
Sony Alpha NEX-5N, the fourth model in Sony's NEX line of APS-C format mirrorless interchangeable lens cameras, gives you the best of both worlds, with a compact body and a wide choice of add-on lenses. The 16.1 MP Exmor? APS HD CMOS image sensor makes you get the incredible details and gorgeous enlargements with high solution. Another significant change of Sony NEX-5N is the addition of a touch interface, which enables you to easily enjoy the creative expression through direct photographic control in an easy to use interface. Only these two changes is enough to attract your attention, not to mention its up to 10 fps shooting, Sweep Panorama? mode, Auto HDR, Live View and Tiltable 3.0" LCD, etc.
- The Sony NEX-5N users will be glad to find that they can record their memories at 1080/60p, which convey twice the information that 1080/60i. But almost at the same time, they will be disappointed with the incompatibility of the Sony NEX-5N 1080p MTS files and FCP, with which they can edit Sony NEX-5N AVCHD 1080p MTS/M2TS. Then how to convert Sony NEX-5N AVCHD 1080p MTS/M2TS to ProRes on Mac OS Lion, which is compatible with FCP, is their first big problem.
- Here recommended the best Sony NEX-5N AVCHD 1080/60p MTS/M2TS to ProRes Converter. It can not only do the conversion from Sony NEX-5N AVCHD 1080/60p MTS/M2TS to ProRes for FCP, but also is equipped with some simple editing features, such as merging several videos into one file, deinterlacing the original footages, cropping video size, trimming video clips, adding special effects and text/image/video watermarks to output videos, thus it will be on the top of your list. Before you try to do the conversion, if you are also a FCP X user, please make sure that you have installed the Apple ProRes Codec manually since the FCP X asks users to install it by themselves.
- Now let’s start with the step-by-step guide on how to transcode Sony NEX-5N AVCHD 1080/60p MTS/M2TS to ProRes and then import the converted videos for editing in Final Cut Pro.
- Step1: Import Sony NEX-5N AVCHD 1080/60p MTS/M2TS to the top Sony NEX-5N AVCHD 1080/60p MTS/M2TS to ProRes Converter for Mac.
Connect your Sony NEX-5N to your Apple with USB2.0. Launch Sony NEX-5N AVCHD 1080/60p MTS/M2TS to Apple ProRes Converter for Mac and then click the adding button to import your AVCHD 1080/60p MTS/M2TS files. You can tick the box in front of the file you want to convert.
Tip: If you have multiple Sony NEX-5N AVCHD 1080/60p MTS/M2TS files, you can select the “Merge into one” box to merge the Sony NEX-5N AVCHD 1080/60p MTS/M2TS files into one single file for FCP so that you can play these files without interruption.
- Step 2: Select an output format for FCP and set the output folder.
Click on the “Format” and get the dropdown menu, then move you pointer to “Final Cut Pro”. Under the sub list are there a few formats which are all compatible with FCP. Here we recommend the Apple PreRes 422(HQ) if you give the priority to the quality of the converted videos. Then you can set the output folder by clicking “Browse” icon as you need.
Note: If you want the files to be in smaller size, you can follow Final Cut Pro>Apple ProRes 422(LT)(*mov)/Apple ProRes 422(*mov) option. If your files size is at SD levels, you are advised to choose Final Cut Pro>Apple ProRes 422(Proxy)(*mov), which is recommended for 480i/p and 576i/p shootings as well.
- Step 3: Click “Settings” icon to adjust audio and video parameters.
Click the “Settings” icon and you will go into a new interface named “Profile Settings”. You can adjust codec, bit rate, frame rate, sample rate and audio channel in the interface according to your needs and optimize the output file quality.
Note: You’d better set the video frame rate as 30fps, video size as 1920*1080 to keep the best quality for editing in Final Cut Pro. If you want to have a smaller file size but keep the good quality, you can change the video size to 1440*1080.
- Step 4: Start converting your Sony NEX-5N 1080/60p MTS/M2TS files to Apple ProRes for FCP.
Click the “Convert” button; it will transcode Sony NEX-5N 1080/60p MTS/M2TS to ProRes for FCP on Mac immediately. You can find the process in the “Conversion” interface.
- When the Sony NEX-5N 1080/60p MTS/M2TS to ProRes conversion process is perfectly completed, you will be able to get the output files for Final Cut Pro by clicking on “Open” button effortlessly. Now you can easily import the converted and/or merged Sony NEX-5N AVCHD 1080/60p MTS/M2TS with 30fps to Final Cut Pro for editing with high quality without any trouble.
1. To get more tips for other Sony camcorders and cameras, you can refer to Sony video camera Tips and Tricks that will do you a favor.
- 2. If you are interested in converting files of other formats or enjoying DVDs and BDs on your portable devices, please link to Brorsoft iMedia Converter for Mac to get more information.
Convert/Transcode Panasonic TM900 AVCHD 1080/60p MTS/M2TS to Avid Media Composer
Convert/Transcode Panasonic TM700 AVCHD 1080/60p MTS/M2TS to Avid Media Composer
Convert/Transcode Sony NEX-7 AVCHD 1080/60p MTS/M2TS to AIC for FCE
Convert Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF3 AVCHD Lite to Apple ProRes for FCP