The Sony NEX-5R is finally added a couple of features that make it more attractive to keen photographers - namely a dedicated function button and control dial. These may essentially be an extension of the level of control that the 5N already offered, but devoting more space to external controls shows that Sony expects the users to actually use these functions. Plus, one of the key specification highlights is that it supports 1080p 60p HD movies in AVCHD format (50p on PAL region models).
When some users got the NEX-5R, they met the trouble transferring video clips from NEX-5R to Mac, and even Sony NEX-5R won’t connect to Mac. Don’t worry. Here we offer you the solution.
You can transfer Sony NEX-5R AVCHD clips to Mac using iMovie.
1. Turn on the camera.
2. Connect the camera to the computer using the supplied USB cable.
3. Set the camera to Mass Storage or USB Mode.
Note: If the iPhoto software automatically starts, close it.
4. Open the iMovie software from the Dock or on the Finder Bar, choose Go and then Applications. iMovie will be listed as an icon in the Applications window.
5. In the iMovie window, click File and then Import from Camera.
6. Choose the method you want to use for importing.
7. Select the location to save the videos.
8. In the Create New Event section, type a name for the videos.
9. Click the OK button.
Note: The videos are copied to the computer. An Import complete dialog box is displayed when the import is finished.
10. In the Import complete dialog box, click the Import button.
Note: The iMovie software does not support AVCHD 60p video. To be able to edit Sony NEX-5R 60p AVCHD in iMovie, we suggest you set your camcorder to record in AVCHD 60i or AVCHD 24i. If you’ve already recorded videos in 60p, you can transfer the video directly to the hard drive of your Mac, and then burn it to a disc to be viewed on a different computer or television. Also, you can convert AVCHD 60p video to iMovie most compatible format AIC .mov with a piece of software.
Here we recommend you the best AVCHD to iMovie Converter, applying which you can convert Sony NEX-5R 1080 60p AVCHD .MTS videos to iMovie most favorable format AIC .mov without any quality loss. Plus, with this Mac MTS Converter, you can change the 60p frame rate to 30p perfectly fit with iMovie.
1. You can learn the Sony NEX-5R AVCHD clips to iMovie step-by-step conversion guide from Convert Sony Alpha NEX-5R MTS recordings to AIC for iMovie editing.
2. You can also use Final Cut Pro to import your NEX-5R footages for viewing, and editing. Get the Sony NEX-5R to FCP step-by-step conversion guide from Convert Sony NEX-5R AVCHD clips to FCP 7 on Mac for easy editing.
Convert Sony NEX-5R AVCHD clips to FCP 7 on Mac for easy editing
Import Sony NEX-FS700 AVCHD footages to Avid Media Composer 6.5 on Mac
Convert Sony NEX-FS700 AVCHD to MPEG-2 for Adobe Premiere Pro on Mac
Convert Sony Alpha NEX-5R MTS recordings to AIC for iMovie editing
Make Sony NEX-6 MTS/M2TS files editable in Avid Media Composer on Mac
Convert Sony NEX-6 60p AVCHD to AIC MOV for iMovie
Transcode Sony NEX-VG30 AVCHD to ProRes for FCP 7 editing without quality loss
Mac MTS Converter for NEX-5R, Sony NEX-5R AVCHD clips to iMovie, Sony NEX-5R to FCP, Sony NEX-5R to Mac osx, convert Sony NEX-5R AVCHD to MOV, Sony NEX-5R iMovie, connect Sony NEX-5R to Mac, iMovie cannot support NEX-5R footages, iMovie does not support AVCHD 60p, sony nex-5r how to transfer