Convert/Transfer HDC-TM900 1080/60p MTS to Apple ProRes 422 MOV for editing in FCP
The HDC-TM900 High Definition Camcorder is a high-end HD offering from Panasonic. Right off the bat a few of the camera's most desirable features include: 1920 x 1080/24p recording, a 32GB internal flash memory, an SD memory card slot, the option to record in 3D, and a quality image sensor system. These features alone give you detailed, beautiful images, a plethora of recording space, and the ability to shoot fun and unique movies in 3D with an optional lens.
- Final Cut Pro is supposed to support AVCHD import, but it does not work very well. If you encounter any problem using TM900 AVCHD Lite on Mac, or wants to edit HDC-TM900 1080/60p AVCHD .mts in FCP 7/FCP X, it is recommended that you should transfer HDC-TM900 1080/60p MTS to MOV for FCP.
- Apple ProRes, introduced in Final Cut Studio, is one of the codecs to result in less compression and higher quality files for HD editing in Final Cut Pro. So the best method of importing HDC-TM900 1080/60p MTS to Final Cut Pro for editing is to convert/transfer HDC-TM900 1080/60p MTS to Apple ProRes 422 MOV for FCP.
- HDC-TM900 MTS to FCP Converter is the best application for you to convert HDC-TM900 1080/60p MTS to Apple ProRes 422 MOV for FCP effortlessly. With the help of the best HDC-TM900 MTS to FCP Converter, you can also merge the several HDC-TM900 mts files into one file so that you can watch the mts files without interruption.
- Preparation for converting HDC-TM900 MTS to Apple ProRes 422 MOV for Final Cut Pro:
1. Software: the best HDC-TM900 MTS to FCP Converter (Free download trial version)
2. System requirement: Mac OS X 10.5 or 10.5 above
- Guide: how to convert HDC-TM900 1080/60p MTS to Apple ProRes 422 MOV for editing in FCP with the best HDC-TM900 MTS to FCP Converter
- Step 1: Import HDC-TM900 1080/60p MTS to the best HDC-TM900 MTS to FCP Converter.
Use USB cable to connect HDC-TM900 to Mac. Launch the best HDC-TM900 MTS to FCP Converter. Click the button for adding to import HDC-TM900 MTS to the best HDC-TM900 MTS to FCP Converter. You can tick the box in front of the file you want to convert. If it is necessary, you can double click the each file to have a preview.
- Step 2: Select Apple ProRes 422 as the output format for FCP and set the output folder.
Click on the dropdown menu of “Format” and then move you pointer to “Final Cut Pro”, under the sublist there are a few formats which are all compatible with Final Cut Pro. Here we recommend the “Apple ProRes 422(HQ) (*.mov)” as the best output format for HDC-TM900. Then you can set the output folder by clicking “Browse” icon as you need.
Note: If you want the files be in smaller size, you are hoped to follow Final Cut Pro>Apple ProRes 422(LT)(*mov) option. If your files size is at SD levels, you are advised to choose Final Cut Pro>Apple ProRes 422(Proxy)(*mov), which is recommended for 480i/p and 576i/p shootings as well.
- Step 3: Click “Settings” icon to adjust audio and video parameters.
Click the “Settings” icon and you will go into a new interface named “Profile Settings”. You can adjust codec, bit rate, frame rate, sample rate and audio channel in the interface according to your needs and optimize the output file quality.
Note: You’d better set the video frame rate as 30fps, video size as 1920*1080 to keep the best quality for editing in FCP. If you wanna have a smaller file size but keep the good quality, you can change the video size to 1440*1080.
- Step 4: Start converting your HDC-TM900 MTS to Apple ProRes 422 MOV for Final Cut Pro.
Click the “Convert” button; it will convert HDC-TM900 MTS to Apple ProRes 422 MOV for FCP on Mac immediately. You can find the process in the “Conversion” interface.
- After the HDC-TM900 MTS to Apple ProRes 422 MOV conversion, you will be able to get the output files for FCP via clicking on “Open” button effortlessly. Now you can easily import the converted and merged HDC-TM900 MTS to FCP for editing keeping high quality without any trouble.
1. To get more tips for Panasonic camcorders and cameras, you can refer to Panasonic video camera Tips and Tricks that will do you a favor.
- 2. The best HDC-TM900 MTS to FCP Converter can also allow you to convert HDC-TM900 AVCHD MTS to FCE, iMovie friendly format and codec for editing. You can link to Brorsoft AVCHD MTS Converter for Mac to get more information.