Connect Acer Iconia Tab A500 to Mac- Convert/Transfer videos, movies to Acer Iconia Tab A500 on Mac
Acer’s Iconia Tab A500 is an Android 3.0 Honeycomb tablet, being a version of the Google mobile operating system made specifically for tablets, and it’s got a big fat 10.1-inch screen. You probably have good experience on it like surfing the internet, playing games, listening to music and playing videos on it. While, some green hands of the Acer Tab A500 have the confusion of how to connect the Acer Iconia Tab A500 to Mac for transferring videos and movies for playback.
- I have tried to mount the tab on my macbook pro in order to transfer music and movies but have had no luck. Anyone is having the same problem. I did check usb debugging and tried it with not clicking on that.
- From above quoted words of one Acer Iconia Tab A500 user, we can conclude that the user met some troubles when he/she intended to connect the Acer A500 to his Macbook. Some other Acer Iconia Tab A500 may encounter the similar problem. Here we do you a favor. The guide will be divided into two parts.
- Part 1: How to connect Acer Iconia Tab A500 to Mac.
First of all, before you start connecting your Acer Iconia Tab A500 to Mac, you need to install the Android File Transfer on your Mac which is an application for Macintosh computers (running Mac OS X 10.5 or later) you can use to view and transfer files between your Mac and an Android device (running Android 3.0 or later). Afterwards, mount Acer Iconia Tab A500 on to Mac via USB. And then, you can connect Acer Iconia Tab A500 to Mac successfully.
- However, Android File Transfer has a bug or maybe it's honeycomb where when you add a microsd card or connect the USB to an ext HD, AFT crashes. And the only way to fix it is to factory reset your Iconia. Besides, Android File Transfer only works with the internal sd-card but does not work with microSD.
- Here we recommend another tool for you. XNJB is a Cocoa graphical user interface for Mac OS X for the Creative Nomad range of portable MP3 players and newer MTP players. It uses libnjb and libmtp for low-level device communication. With the XNJB application you can connect your Acer Iconia Tab A500 to Mac without any trouble.
Note: On the devices that support Firewire and USB connections, only the USB ports will work with XNJB. USB 1.1 and 2.0 is supported.
- Part 2: How to convert/transfer videos, movies to Acer Iconia Tab A500 on Mac.
If you wanna transfer videos/movies to Acer Iconia Tab A500 on Mac, first you need to make sure if the formats are compatible with the Iconia Tab A500. According to the spec of Acer Iconia Tab A500, the supported video formats of it are XviD/MP4/H.264/H.263. So when you intend to transfer other videos/movies to the Iconia Tab A500, you need to convert them to the Acer Iconia Tab A500 friendly format in advance.
- Acer Iconia Tab A500 Video Converter for Mac (Free download the trial version) will be your best choice, which enables you to convert videos, movies to Acer Iconia Tab A500 compatible format on Mac easily and quickly. Moreover, this software is especially designed for Acer Iconia Tab A500, with which you can easily find out the perfect output format for Acer Iconia Tab A500 with default video and audio parameters; while, you can also freely select them at your will.
- Step 1: Import videos movies to the best Acer Iconia Tab A500 Video Converter for Mac.
Launch the best Acer Iconia Tab A500 Video Converter for Mac. Click the button “File” to add videos and movies to the Acer Iconia Tab A500 Video Converter for Mac. If it is necessary, you can double click the each file to have a preview.
Tip: If you wanna concatenate video/movie files for Acer Iconia Tab A500 into single one, just check the “Merge into one” box.
- Step 2: Select an output format for Acer Iconia Tab A500 and set the output folder.
Click on the dropdown menu of “Format” and then move your pointer to “Android”, from the sublist, you can choose “Acer Iconia Tab A500 H.264 Video(*.mp4)”, “Acer Iconia Tab A500 HD 720p(*.mp4)” and “Acer Iconia Tab A500 Full HD 1080p(*.mp4)”. And then you can click the “Brower” icon to set the output folder.
Note: The former two formats are perfect formats for you to watch and play on the Acer A500, and the later one is the perfect format for you to transfer them to HD media player like HD TV for playback. You can choose the proper one according to your need.
- Step 3: Click “Settings” icon to adjust audio and video parameters.
Click the “Settings” icon and you will go into a new interface named “Profile Settings”. You can adjust codec, bit rate, frame rate, sample rate and audio channel in the interface according to your needs and optimize the output file quality.
Note: You can keep the default parameters since these formats are especially designed for the Acer Iconia Tab A500. You can also set the parameter freely according to your own needs.
- Step 4: Start converting your movies, videos to MP4 for Acer Iconia Tab A500 on Mac.
Click the “Convert” button; it will convert movies, videos to Acer Iconia Tab A500 on Mac immediately. You can find the process in the “Conversion” interface.
- After the conversion, you will be able to get the output files for Acer Iconia Tab A500 via clicking on “Open” button effortlessly. Now you can transfer the movies, videos to Acer Iconia Tab A500 on Mac easily. Afterwards, you can watch/play these movies, videos on Acer Iconia Tab A500 in highly quality anywhere anytime.
You can convert MKV, VOB, TP, AVI, MOV, TiVo, MTS/M2TS, FLV, MOD, TOD, etc to the Acer Iconia Tab A500 with the help of the best Brorsoft Acer Iconia Tab A500 Video Converter for Mac.